“WSU Master Gardener Program of Thurston County”
Do You Have a Gardening Question?
Do you have a plant eaten-up by bugs or diseases? Maybe you have a plant or weed you cannot identify? Or, you have a spot in your garden and you need advice on what to plant? That’s where the WSU Master Gardener and Master Recycler Composter volunteers of Thurston County can help. Come visit one of our Gardens or Clinics for the answers.
Gardening/Composting/Recycling Question/Answer Clinic –
Located inside the WSU Thurston County Extension office
3054 Carpenter Rd. SE
Olympia, WA 98503
Phone: (360) 867-2163
IMPORTANT: The clinic will be closed from July 29th through August 5th. WSU Master Gardeners will be staffing a question/answer booth at the Thurston County Fair. Our booth will be located inside the Sharp Building and will be staffed from 10am through Fair closing. We look forward to serving you at the Fair or when we reopen our office based clinic on Tuesday, August 6th at 9am.
Our clinic schedule
Volunteers are scheduled to staff our question/answer clinic during the current hours of operation:
- June through August we are open Tuesday through Friday from 9:00a.m. to 1:00p.m.
- September through November the clinic is open Tuesday AND Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- December through February we are closed.
- March through May the clinic is open Tuesday AND Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The Extension office is closed on Mondays year round.
When the clinic is operating you have three options for asking your question:
- Email us anytime day or night.
- Call us and speak to a certified volunteer during our office hours or leave a message and we’ll get back to you.
- Visit us at our clinic located inside the WSU Extension office at the Thurston County Fairgrounds. We just ask that before showing up you call ahead to make sure a volunteer is there to assist you. Plant/insect samples may be dropped off anytime between 9am and 5pm Tuesday through Friday. Volunteers will process the samples during the next staffed shift. WSU Extension Parking Map Fairgrounds
The Gardens and Clinics are operated by WSU trained and certified volunteers. All services provided by Thurston County WSU Master Gardener and Master Recycler Composter volunteers are free to Thurston County residents. These volunteers can only provide information to home gardeners. Commercial farms and businesses need to contact Extension office for help, (360) 867-2162.