About the Master Gardeners
We are a group of individuals with diverse backgrounds who share a unifying interest in horticulture. Some of us are generalists and some have specialized interests and knowledge. We all are inquisitive, like to be around other gardeners, and love to share what we know. The Master Gardener Program promotes environmentally responsible gardening practices and addresses environmental and social priorities such as water conservation, the protection of water quality, reducing the impact of invasive species, and healthy living through gardening.
Master Gardeners complete a university course that covers topics such as botany, weed identification, soils, lawn care, pruning, pesticides and insect management, plant pathology and plant problem diagnosis.
We’re centered in the Wenatchee valley and serve the entire Chelan & Douglas County area. Find us at activities such as:
- Plant Diagnosis Clinics – WSU Chelan County Extension office, 400 Washington Street, Wenatchee. For your questions and plant problems.
- Wenatchee Farmers Market, Saturdays, 8 am-1 pm, May – September.
- Chelan Evenings Farmers Market, Thursdays 4-7 pm, June – September.
- Community Education Garden at Springwater & Western, Wenatchee, WA. Features roses, dahlias, vegetables, water-wise and native plants, a shade garden, a butterfly garden, utility friendly trees, and deer resistant evergreens. We’re usually working on Fridays during growing season. Join us on this summer on Third Saturdays for focused, fun topics.
- Xeriscape Demonstration Garden in Wenatchee on the Apple Loop Trail along the Columbia River – Wednesday mornings April-October.
- Speakers to clubs
- Annual Plant Sale & List – April 29, 2017, Pybus Public Market, Wenatchee, WA.
- KPQ Home & Garden Show, Town Toyota Center, Wenatchee, WA – March
- Chelan County Fair in Cashmere, WA in September and the North Central WA District Fair in Waterville, WA in August.
Are you interested in becoming a Master Gardener? Read more.
For more information, contact our coordinator: Jennifer Marquis, Coordinator
Master Gardener Topics
- Classes & Events Calendar
- Diagnosis Clinic
- Community Education Garden
- Demonstration Gardens
- Master Gardener Speakers
- Master Gardener Training
- MG Favorite Plants
- MG Favorite Vegetables
- Plant Sale & List
- Plants & Their Care
- Talk to a Master Gardener
- Tomato Tasting Gala
- Winter Damage