Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Wildfire Recovery Resources

Federal Emergency Management Agency

FEMA Business Resources

USDA, Farm, and Rural Resources

USDA Disaster Resource Center
After the Fire: Resources for Recovery
Ferry County
USDA Fire Recovery Assistance
FSA Fire Recovery Documentation Checklist

Timber Tax

Federal Timber Tax
State Timber Tax

US Dept of Commerce

EDA and Disaster Recovery


  • Programs of HUD Booklet
  • CDBG Imminent Threat Grant for Tribes can be used by Tribes to address housing needs from the fires.
  • People with rental assistance vouchers can use those funds to live somewhere other than the fire affected communities and can request the voucher address higher rents.
  • The Capital Fund Emergency program is available to help fire affected communities rebuild.
  • CDBG and HOME grants can be used to support recovery efforts.

FEMA is currently able to support the State with technical assistance and participate in the assessments. Staff is able to build linkages, coordinate, provide SME, and help generate ideas to address problems. FEMA also plays a role in coordinating the efforts of the VOAD and NDRF staff may provide assistance once the recovery effort gets underway.

SBA will participate in the assessments.  The program is also currently able to provide a low-interest rate loan to home owners to rebuild or rehab their primary residence if damaged by the fires. For more information go online to


  • Homeowners of primary residences with uninsured damages can apply for loan to rebuild.
  • The 504 Home Repair Program is available to very-low income people for fire related home repairs.
  • Nursing homes and assisted living centers damaged in the fires can apply for Community Facilities funding to rebuild.
  • People affected by the fires, and needing housing, can request from their local housing authority a Letter of Priority Entitlement that will give them priority at any RD multi-family rental property in the state.  RD is also allowing non-farmworkers to reside at their seasonal farmworker housing for up to 6-months.

Disaster Assistance Improvement Program (DAIP) – Mission is to provide disaster survivors with information, support, services, and a means to access and apply for disaster assistance through joint data-sharing efforts between federal, tribal, state, local, and private sector partners.

WA State Emergency Management Division is working with the federal and state partners to develop recovery efforts.  EMD, working with the local jurisdictions, has the primary responsibility for conducting the needs assessments.

WA State Department of Commerce Disaster Preparedness and Recovery Resources

WA State Veterans Affairs is partnering with county veteran programs to support the needs of veterans and their families with financial assistance to include short-term rental assistance. Veterans and families affected by the fires and in need of assistance can contact the WDVA at 1-800-562-2308 or online at

WA State Office of the Insurance Commissioner staff is available to participate in resources fairs and community meetings to educate the public about insurance issues related to homeowners’ claims. People seeking help with insurance issues can call the Insurance Consumer Hotline at 1-800-562-6900 or online at