Why Year-End Awards?
At the end of each “4-H Year” (which runs from Sept 30-October 1 each calendar year), many 4-H youth enjoy the opportunity to celebrate their accomplishments publicly. One way in which we do this as an entire county is at our year-end awards event: Celebrate 4-H. At this event, 4-H members and leaders receive special recognition for their participation in 4-H, in specific 4-H projects, and in areas of personal growth (e.g., leadership, community service).
Jefferson County Year-End Pins
2021 Year-End Pin Requirements
Year-End pin requirement for the 2020-21 4-H year have yet to be determined. Please check back on this page regularly for updates.
Each year, Jefferson County 4-H Council awards a 4-H, Year-End Pin to 4-H members who accomplish the following:
- Attend most 4-H Club/Program meetings (please notify leader of absences).
- Participate in at least one 4-H Community Service activity.
- Participate in at least one 4-H Council-sponsored event/activity/fundraiser.
- Give a public presentation/demonstration at a Club meeting, Spring Presentation event, and/or County Fair.
- Participate or exhibit at the Jefferson County Fair.
- Participate in at least one service-in-kind activity to help support the Jefferson County Fair. (Contact Laurie Hampton to make arrangements: firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-437-2388.)
- Complete and turn in a Record Book. Youth should turn in completed Record Books to main Club/Program Leader before September 30, in order to allow Leaders time to review books prior to submitting to the 4-H/WSU Extension Office.
Cloverbud members (ages 5-7) only need to complete five of these seven requirements.
Year-End Award Resources:
- Jefferson County Year-End Award Requirements: contains more information for youth members and adult leaders (updated 11/13/2017)
- Jefferson County “Year-End Recognition” Form (for Year-End Pins and Certificates)
- Jefferson County “Project/Activity Recognition” Form (for Project/Activity Pins/Medals)