Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Coronavirus COVID-19

COVID-19 Advisory: WSU Extension is working to keep our communities safe. All Extension programming is being provided virtually, postponed, or canceled. Effective March 16, 2020, WSU Extension county offices and WSU Research & Extension Centers will be closed to the public. We are available via email, phone, and webconference.

Farm Financing

ATTRA Guide for Financing your Farm (pdf)
This publication outlines several financing options available to beginning farmers to start a farm, and to illuminate the step-by-step process of applying for a loan.

Financing Agriculture The Business Borrower-Lender Relationship (pdf)

NW Farm Credit ServicesProviding financial services for agriculture and rural communities.

Craft3 – Craft3 is a regional nonprofit CDFI that makes loans to strengthen the economic, ecological and family resilience in Oregon and Washington. They have a small- and mid-scale producers and processors focus and lending opportunities.

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)The USDA has recently compiled a list of grant programs available through various government agencies that are designed to support farmers and strengthen local food systems. Some grants may require you to partner with a 501c3 organization or research institutions

USDA Farm Service Agency – Various loan and financing programs available through FSA.

Center for Rural Affairs Beginning Farmer Funding Sources & Financing Options – Support services for rural ranchers and farmers.

Local Investment Opportunity Fund (LION) – Jefferson County only. LION creates opportunities for local businesses, nonprofits, and citizens to network.

Learn about the 5 C’s of Credit and prepare for a loan from a lender’s perspective from this presentation by NW Farm Credit Service at the 2018 WSU Cultivating Success Agricultural Entrepreneurship series.


This guide describes assistance for farmers, ranchers, and forest managers available through the 2018 Farm Bill.
Information found on this page is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to take the place of professional advice from lawyers and Certified Public Accountants.