WSU Extension of Benton & Franklin Counties is the best source for gardening information in the Mid-Columbia region. Learn what plants grow well in our region’s challenging climate and soils, find help solving plant and pest problems, and discover new gardening techniques. We’re here to help you every step of the way!
News & Events
Our WSU Benton Franklin Master Gardeners have put together a How To Garden Series of fact sheets to walk you through each step of starting your own garden this year. Spanish versions are available here.
- #1 – How To Decide Where To Put My Garden
- #2 – How To Build My Food Garden
- #3 – How To Choose What To Grow
- #4 – How To Plant In My Garden
- #5 – How To Water My Garden
- #6 – How To Improve My Soil
- #7 – How To Know If My Plants Are Healthy
- #8 – How To Give My Plants Space To Grow
- #9 – How To Know When My Crop Is Ready
- #10 – How To Make My Garden Better Next Year
- Transplanting A Seedling Into A Container – English
- Transplanting A Seedling Into A Container – Spanish