WSU Account Types
Gift Accounts BPPM.30.70
- Gift Transmittal and Acknowledgment
- Noncash Gift Transmittal and Acknowledgment
- Using Gift Accounts–Allowable Expenditures
Service Centers BPPM 30.15
Sponsored Agreements: Grants
- CAHNRS Office of Research
- Human Research Protection Program/Institutional Review Board
- Office of Research Support and Operations (ORSO)
- PI and Co-PI e-Rex Form Certifications
- Sponsored Programs Services
- Cash Deposit Report 30.53.8
- Speaker Travel and Speaker Fees 95.25
Budget Responsibility Policy
- Overdrafts Policy BPPM 30.21
- Everyone handling cash and checks (including donated funds) is reminded to handle them with great care. Responsibility for funds received on behalf of WSU remains with the receiving unit and does not terminate until receipted by the Bursar’s Office.Periodic review of WSU’s Cash Handling policy (WSU’s Cash Handling Policy BPPM 30.53 will assure an understanding of the correct cash handling processes along with the online cash handling training available through the HRS Training Website. Here are a few reminders:
- All monies must be physically secure at all times.
- Immediately endorse checks and receipt all monies (i.e., cash, checks, money orders) at the time they are received.
- All payments made to WSU should be deposited intact at least weekly or daily if amounts total $100 or more the day of receipt.
- Never use interdepartmental mail to transfer monies.
- Establish proper separation of duties – individuals who collect monies and/or write receipts may not also prepare and/or make deposits.
- Periodically reconcile Workday Record Cash Sales business processes to Workday Revenue reports to ensure that all revenue has been properly posted to the appropriate accounts (see BPPM 30.07 and the Using Workday Reports reference guide).
For questions, contact the Office of the Controller, (Controller General Contact Information); Bursar’s Office, (email@example.com); or Internal Audit, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cash Handling Procedures Handout
- WD Record Cash Sale Reference Guide
- Cash Registers BMMP 30.59
- Refunds BPPM 30.55
- Returned Checks-Prevention and Processing BPPM 30.58
- Sales Tax Based on Destination and Rate Table for Locations
- WSU IRS W-9