Leave and Time Reporting
Pay cycles are 1st-15th and 16th-last day of month for each month. All time and leave reporting must be entered and submitted for supervisor approval by 9 am on the 16th and the 1st.
April 27, 2022
Teleworking is no longer just a temporary measure to deal with COVID but is recognized by Washington State University (WSU) to meet a variety of needs, including:
- Enhancing employee productivity and satisfaction;
- Reducing commute trips;
- Energy conservation;
- Allowing for continuity of operations during extended work location disruptions; and
- Addressing space restrictions.
Given the long-term use, it is important to ensure that all devices used meet WSU standards. To meet the computer security and confidentiality standards, every device must meet the following minimum standards.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) encryption enabled;
- Anti-virus software that maintains current, up-to-date definitions;
- Up-to-date system and software patches;
- Endpoints that process WSU confidential or regulated data must have installed and managed endpoint security software; and
- VPN for remote connectivity and log reporting to centralized log and event management server.
A computer used for teleworking must be owned by Washington State or another Washington governmental entity. Generally, Windows computers owned by WSU are equipped with the required TPM and are actively maintained, and are readily approved for telework. Windows computers owned by Counties can be approved, providing the County allow WSU security and VPN software to be installed and that the County actively manages the anti-virus and system and software patches.
Apple Computers have not been approved due to the inability to provide an up-to-date system and software patches. CAHNRS IT and other IT organizations on campus have evaluated various tools to meet this requirement. A University-wide solution for managing Apple computers utilizing software from JAMF has been selected. Central ITS is currently finishing the required setup, and it should be available for CAHNRS use in July. The purchasing, use procedures, and installation processes are being developed now. Estimated costs are $15.95/per year per MacOS device and $8.30/per year per iOS device.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jesse Flowers Assistant Director of Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509.334.1211.