Youth are eligible to participate in 4-H if they meet the following criteria:
- Cloverbuds – 4-H cloverbud members are youth 5 to 7 years of age as of October 1 of the current 4-H year. Cloverbud members may not participate in competitive/judged situations or activities, including livestock shows or sales, enrollment in large animal projects including beef, dairy, goat, equine, sheep, llama, swine, or shooting sports, or food preservation projects using hot water bath or pressure canning methods.
- Junior, Intermediate and Senior Members – Must be at least 8 years old by October 1 of the current 4-H year and may continue in the program less than 19 years of age. Junior Members are ages 8 – 10 years of age, Intermediate Members are ages 11 to 13 years of age, Senior Members are 14 to less than 19 years of age.
- Home Schooled Members – Are to enroll based on their chronological age as of October 1.
Youth may be engaged with 4-H curriculum in a school or after school setting. There is no individual 4-H enrollment process for these types of settings. Youth are “group enrolled” and overall numbers are reported but not specific information on each participant.
This enrollment form is used for youth in the following delivery modes:
- 4-H Military Program. Youth participating in 4-H programs on Military Installation Sites are to be group enrolled. (**Use the 4-H Military Group Enrollment Form)
- 4-H School Enrichment. No 4-H program fees are required since the youth are under the direct supervision of the school personnel and do not participate in any out-of-school 4-H activities or events.
- 4-H Afterschool. No 4-H program fees are required since the youth are under the direct supervision of the school-age child care or afterschool agency or school personnel and do not participate in any out- of-school 4-H activities.
- 4-H Individual Study/Mentoring/Family Learning. No 4-H program fees are required so long as the participation is six weeks or less and does not include participation outside of the home.
- Instructional TV/Video/Webcast Programs. No 4-H program fees are required as long as the youth are not under the direct supervision of the 4-H YDP and the participation is in the youth’s home or under the supervision of another agency.
- ADULTS: This enrollment form is used for adult participants/organizers under the direct responsibility of an outside agency or organization. Adult volunteers who are not affiliated with the external agency and have direct contact with youth must use the 4-H Adult Volunteer Application Form.