Job Opportunities with Yakima County 4-H Youth Development
Youth Prevention Program Coordinator
There is one extra help, temporary position with the WSU Extension Office. The position will assist youth prevention facilitators and teen interns in implementation of research-based programs such as 4-H Youth Advocates for Health (YA4-H!) and Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth ages 10-14. This recruitment may be used to fill vacancies which may occur within 90 days of the posted closing date.
Build and Maintain Community Partnerships
- Acts as liaison between community partners and WSU Strengthening Families (SFP) and Youth Advocates for Health (YA4-H!) programs. Determines which methods of communication work best for community partners and participants by participating in ongoing needs assessment and professional collaborations with SFP and YA4-H! program partners.
- Participates in prevention coalitions in Yakima County to expand WSU Extension’s reach.
- Share program impacts with community partners and funders.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Evaluate/instruct SFP facilitators on curriculum best practices. Determines which curriculum aspects to focus on for curriculum fidelity
- Assist with data collection and entry for impact reports. Assist individuals with low literacy or low English proficiency to accurately complete pre and post-tests. Maintain confidentiality of participants through established code matching mechanisms on evaluation forms. Enter data using WSU-approved data collection databases.
- Reports data in oral, written and electronic formats to program funders, including Board of County Commissioners.
- Support YA4-H! teens in implementing community wellness projects. Determines how to implement WSU/Yakima County policies and procedures when working with youth in all aspects.
- Promote health & wellness and prevention programs to underserved audiences.
- Other duties required.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma /GED and 3 years of paid work or volunteer experience with organizing, teaching or promoting community programs and/or youth or family development programs or the equivalent education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job. ...more
YA4-H! Teen Teacher (paid internship for youth ages 14-19) open until filled
To apply submit a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and why you would enjoy this opportunity (1 page or less, please) and this application to the Yakima County 4-H office.
Email to: email@example.com (email preferred)
Drop-off or mail to: WSU Yakima County Extension, Attn: Jenn Gonzalez, 2403 S. 18th St. Ste. 100, Union Gap, WA, 98903
Contact Jenn Gonzalez, YA4-H! Program Coordinator / firstname.lastname@example.org/ (509) 707-8066 (call/text)
SNAP-Ed Employment Opportunities
Click the above “Job Opportunities” link to view current job openings with WSU Yakima’s SNAP-Ed program!