Job Opportunities with Yakima County 4-H Youth Development
There is one extra help, temporary position with the WSU Extension Office.
The position will assist youth prevention facilitators and teen interns in implementation of research-based programs such as 4-H Youth Advocates for Health (YA4-H!), Strengthening Families for Parents and Youth ages 10-14, and Health Education through Arts-based Learning (HEAL) partnership programs. This recruitment may be used to fill vacancies which may occur within 90 days of the posted closing date.
This recruitment may be used to fill vacancies which may occur within 90 days of the posted closing date.
Build and Maintain Community Partnerships
- Acts as liaison between community partners and WSU youth-focused prevention programs (e.g., Youth Advocates for Health, HEAL, and Strengthening Families. Determines which methods of communication work best for community partners and participants by participating in ongoing needs assessment and professional collaborations with program partners.
- Participates in prevention coalitions in Yakima County to expand WSU Extension’s reach.
- Share program impacts with community partners and funders.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Assist with data collection and entry for impact reports. Assist individuals with low literacy or low English proficiency to accurately complete pre- and post-tests. Maintain confidentiality of participants. Enter data using WSU-approved data collection databases.
- Reports data in oral, written and electronic formats to program funders, including Board of County Commissioners.
- Other duties required.
- Support YA4-H! teens in implementing community wellness projects. Support includes scheduling, managing program logistics, maintaining program/project supply inventory, managing communication between staff, volunteers, and teen interns, and transportation of others to meeting/event sites as needed.
- Support YA4-H! teen club activities and membership, including recruiting, welcoming/orientating, training/teaching, engaging and motivating teen participants.
- Facilitate or teach youth prevention programming, often working within youth-adult partnerships with teen interns to co-facilitate or co-teach.
- Promote health & wellness and prevention programs to underserved audiences.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma /GED and 3 years of paid work or volunteer experience with organizing, teaching or promoting community programs and/or youth or family development programs or the equivalent education and experience to perform the essential duties of the job. …more
YA4-H! Teen Teacher (paid internship for youth ages 14-19) open until filled
To apply submit a cover letter telling us a little about yourself and why you would enjoy this opportunity (1 page or less, please) and this application to the Yakima County 4-H office.
Email to: email@example.com (email preferred)
Drop-off or mail to: WSU Yakima County Extension
firstname.lastname@example.org/ (509) 707-8066 (call/text)
SNAP-Ed Employment Opportunities
Click the above “Job Opportunities” link to view current job openings with WSU Yakima’s SNAP-Ed program!