Who we “Our”
4-H is a volunteer-lead organization, non-profit youth development organization. Caring volunteer leaders, mentors, educators and advisers provide local youth with high-quality, positive youth development experiences focused on life skill development in safe, support environments. Leadership and management of 4-H programs is also in the hands of dedicated staff at the county, state and national level.
Washington State University 4-H Youth Development is developing young people to become productive citizens who are engaged in positive change, meeting the needs of a diverse and changing society.
4-H youth development education creates supportive environments for all youth and families to reach their fullest potential. This will be accomplished through a systemic approach of foundation and mission driven science to meet our goals to:
- Provide formal and non-formal experiential learning
- Develop skills that benefit youth throughout life
- Foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults
- Build internal and eternal partnerships for programming and funding
- Strengthen families and communities
- Employ research-based knowledge and the land grand university system
- Embrace and expand the traditions of the 4-H Youth Program