It’s time to spray in Benton and Franklin Counties!
- Spray for Codling Moth should begin April 27, 2016.
- Spray for Cherry Fruit Fly should begin May 1, 2016.
For control options, reference the spray guides below and follow all label instructions on the pesticide. The pest guides will give you more information on the biology and life cycle of the insect.
- Why growing fruit trees in the back yard may not be for everyone
- 2015 Backyard Apple Pear Pest Management Chart
- 2015 Backyard Stone Fruit Pest Management Chart
- Protecting Backyard Apple Trees from Apple Maggot
Commercial Grower Publications
Useful Pest & Disease links
- Integrated Pest Management
- Washington State Pest Management Resource Service
- Decision Aids System
- Ag Weather Net
Helpful WSU Extension websites
- Hortsense – Facts for managing plant problems
- Pestsense – Facts for managing common indoor pest problems
Stink bugs are still at large in Washington State. Learn more
Contact the Horticultural Pest & Disease Board
1121 Dudley Ave
Prosser, WA 99350
509-786-5609, ext 2
1016 N 4th Ave
Pasco, WA 99301
Did you know?
County laws in Benton, Franklin, Yakima and Walla Walla counties require that backyard tree fruit growers control pests because they are a potential source of infestation for any nearby commercial orchard. To report an infested fruit tree, please contact us.
Click HERE for information on pesticide alternatives for managing pests in backyard fruit trees.
Your local Pest Board will pay you to remove your back yard fruit bearing trees!
Just call us for complete information and we’ll give you a certificate redeemable at participating nurseries once the tree is removed. Homeowners must call us BEFORE removing tree. Only specific types of trees qualify for the program. Residential trees only – no commercial orchards.