Want to Get Involved?
- Become a Certified Master Gardener.
- Attend our Through the Garden Gate educational workshops
- Have a question? Come to our Plant Clinics, every Monday, March – October, 12PM-3PM at the WSU Extension Mason County office. Can’t make it? Visit our Plant Pests & Diseases page for resources and options for submitting a question online.
- Have a Master Gardener speak at your organization’s educational event.
- Rent a community garden bed at Catalyst Park – get everything you need to grow your own garden as well as guidance and workshops from Master Gardeners.
- Come check out Catalyst! Master Gardeners will be there April – October on Tuesdays and Saturdays; contact our Program Coordinator for information on volunteering.
Master Gardener Newsletter
Sign up for our seasonal newsletter to get some gardening tips
and hear about program efforts, upcoming educational
opportunities, garden-related community events, and more!
Why Become a Master Gardener?
Engage with your community
Connect with others who share your interests
Help protect and conserve our natural resources
Participate in continuing education and expand your skills
Master Gardener Training Information
Our next Master Gardener training will be fall of 2023, beginning the first week of September and ending the first week of December.Cost: $225, some scholarships and sliding scale available.
The course will include online readings and assignments, field trips, and plenty of hands-on activities to help you learn!
For more detailed information, check out our 2023 Training Flyer.
Interested in becoming a Mason County Master Gardener?
Submit an application to the WSU Mason County Extension office or contact the Program Coordinator.
What are the requirements?
- Submit an application and complete an interview.
- Complete a background check.
- Attend the in-person and online trainings.
- Complete 40 hours of approved volunteer hours within the first year.
- Maintain certification by completing at least 25 volunteer hours and 10 continuing education hours per year.