Volunteers are the backbone of the 4-H community. They are caring adults who mentor our youth and provide a supportive environment. There are many different volunteer roles and opportunities to suit an individual’s goals and schedule.
All 4-H Volunteers must complete the certification process, particularly those who are in contact with youth on an ongoing basis. Volunteers must also be at least 18 years of age and not enrolled as a 4-H Youth Member.
The Volunteer Certification Process:
- Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and provide 2 references; our office will follow up with information on the next steps
- Complete the online training – either guided or self-led
- Submit a criminal background check
- Register your volunteer profile on 4-H Online
- Verify your GivePulse account
If you have any questions about the process or requirements, or if you need any assistance, please contact our office at 509-477-2160 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Volunteer Training Dates:
Please note that these education sessions are a 2-part series.
October 25 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Image thanks to University of Wisconsin-Madison Extension