Just Around the Corner:
October 27 4-H On Target Tuesday Shooting Sports Workshop Info
October 27 Vaping 101 Information Night Info Zoom Registration
November 2 4-H Livestock Record Book due by 5pm
Connect with your Club Virtually:
4-H is the youth development program of Washington State University Extension, and is managed jointly by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington’s land grant university (WSU) and Pierce County government. 4-H is everywhere – in cities, suburbs, small towns, and rural communities. 4-H is the largest youth development organization in the nation. The United States has more than five million members and 600,000 leaders. Around the world, 4-H-type clubs exist in at least 82 countries. 4-H serves a broad clientele, with expanded program focus using a variety of delivery methods that incorporate its theme of learn by doing.
Washington State University 4-H Youth Development is assisting young people to become productive citizens who are engaged in positive change in order to meet the needs of a diverse and changing society.
4-H Youth Development education creates a supportive environment for all youth and families to reach their fullest potentials. This will be accomplished through a systematic approach of foundation and mission-driven science to meet the 4-H goals to:
- Provide formal and non-formal experiential learning
- Develop skills that benefit youth throughout life
- Foster leadership and volunteerism in youth and adults
- Build internal and external partnerships for programming and funding
- Strengthen families and communities
- Employ research-based knowledge and the land grant university system
- Embrace and expand the traditions of the 4-H Youth Development program
Who can be in 4-H ?
- All youth in grades K-12
- How old do you have to be to join 4-H? See eligibility rules here.
- Adults who are willing to share their time, talents, and treasures with youth in the community in partnership with youth, other volunteers, and 4-H staff.
Cats * Cavies * Clothing & Textiles * Dogs * Equine * Environment-Science-Engineering-Technology * Expressive Arts * Foods & Nutrition * Large Animals * Leadership & Citizenship * Mechanical Sciences * Military Kids Clubs * Pocket Pets * Poultry * Rabbits * Robotics * Shooting Sports * Sports Fishing