Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Emergency Resources

Program Contact: Adenea Thompson, Stevens County Emergency Coordinator
(509) 684-7543 •

Current Fire Update Information


Facebook Pages

Scanner Channels

Important Phone numbers

Fire-Related information Maps


Being Prepared for Forest Fires

What to Do if You’re Trapped in a Wildfire

Landowners: Was your property within the burn zone or nearby?


Consider obtaining FEMA National Flood Insurance to protect assets against flash flooding.  Prepare for possible flash flooding.  Contact your insurance agent for more details.

Flood After Fire Risks

FEMA National Flood Insurance

Fire Retardant Toxicity

Wildland Fire Chemical Clean up

Restoration Needs Form- SCCD

Landowners: Did you have other damage?


Check with your insurance agent about your applicable home, farm and other insurance that may cover part of the damages.

Restoration Needs Form- SCCD

Landowners: Are you an agricultural producer?


If you make money from livestock or crop production, check with the Farm Service Agency (FSA) and the National Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) to determine if any of their emergency assistance programs may apply.

FSA Disaster Assistance

NRCS Emergency Program

Landowners: Do you have wildlife concerns or conflicts?


Contact the Washington State Dept. of Fish & Wildlife, or the Colville Tribes Fish & Wildlife.

Fish & Wildlife – WA

Colville Tribes Fish & Wildlife

  • PO Box 150 Nespelem, WA 99155

    Nespelem Office: (509) 634-2110

    Omak Office: (509) 422-7529

    Office hours: M-F 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.




Landowners: Are you a small forest landowner?


Contact the Washington Department of Natural Resources (DNR) Small Forest Landowner office for advice.

Small Forest Landowner Office

Assessing Fire Injured Trees

Managing Forests After a Fire



Landowners: Would you like help with basic site evaluation, or available funding assistance?


Ferry County Conservation District

Stevens County Conservation District

Pend Oreille County Conservation District

Restoration Needs Form- SCCD

Landowners: Does your property share a border with the US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) or the US Forest Service?


Contact the BLM or USFS for advice and assistance.

BLM – WA & OR Region

Colville National Forest


Recovering from a Fire

Counseling Services

Other Resources