Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Hyper-Reach & Emergency Relief

Program Contact: Adenea Thompson, Stevens County Emergency Coordinator
(509) 684-7543 •

Hyper-reach is Stevens County’s emergency alert system. It provides rapid notification of hazardous and urgent situations through the use of phone calls, texting and email messages. TTY/TDD service is also available for the hearing impaired.

If you do not want to sign-up on-line download the hyper-reach form and bring it into our office and we can get you signed up.

Sign up here for Stevens County hyper-reach. Be notified of Community Alerts and if you chose Weather Alerts. Notification can be sent to land lines, cell phones, and/or emailed.

Emergency Relief

Helpful links from the Washington state governor’s office:

Agriculture-related losses: Contact your local USDA Farm Service Agency office to report agriculture-related losses.

Business assistance: If your business was impacted by wildfire, the Dept. of Commerce has resources that can help. If you’re an artist and your work has been impacted, visit the WA Arts Commission page for more info.

Driver license and document replacement: If you or someone you know lost their driver license or ID card, the Dept. of Licensing is offering expedited services for individuals affected by the wildfires. The service is available online, by phone (360.902.0172), or in person.

Finances: Resources for handling finances after a natural disaster.

Flooding: The risk of flooding increases after wildfire. To learn how to prepare for flooding in your neighborhood visit FEMA’s FloodSmart webpage.

Food and cash assistance: The DSHS Community Services Offices are serving clients who may need replacement food and cash assistance as a result of the wildfires. Call 1-877-501-2233 for more information.

Health insurance: Apple Health (Medicaid) clients affected by the wildfires who have questions or problems can call their regional enrollment specialists for help

  • Republic: Located at Republic Medical Clinic. Call 509-775-3153, ext. 497

Insurance coverage: Anyone with questions about insurance coverage related to wildfires can call the Office of the Insurance Commissioner (OIC) at 1-800-562-6900 to speak with experts. OIC has tips for filing a claim after a natural disaster and information for homeowners about wildfires and their insurance.

Lost livestock assistance: Those that lost livestock in the wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Livestock Indemnity Program.

Prescriptions and medical supplies: If Apple Health (Medicaid) clients need medical supplies, medical equipment, or medications that have been lost or destroyed by fire, or have become inaccessible due to evacuation, the Health Care Authority is authorizing providers to furnish these without pre-authorization.

Tax assistance:

Tree grower assistance: 
Growers who lost trees to wildfires may qualify for help from U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Tree Assistant Program.

Unemployment assistance: Workers and businesses impacted by wildfires may qualify for unemployment benefits or assistance.

Veteran assistance: Veterans who have been affected by wildfires and need help should contact their County Veterans Program.