An opportunity for teens to experience hands-on learning by focusing on different aspects of government such as passing a bill, the judicial system, lobbying, the election process, creating a budget, and aspects of county, state, federal, and international government. Youth learn through relevant curriculum and culminate their experience by participating in the annual Washington 4-H Know Your Government Conference.
- Understand legislative processes
- Experience parliamentary procedures
- practice responsible citizenship/participation in democracy
- develop skills in debate, persuasive speaking, conscientious listening, and leadership
- acquire knowledge of state legislative districts and the issues that affect them