What does a Healthy Living Teen Ambassador do?
- Attend fun training sessions with other teens where you will learn to help younger kids have fun while they learn about health, nutrition and fitness
- Facilitate lessons on healthy living, including reading books, asking questions, and engaging with kids
- Lead active games and exercises
- Show kids how to make simple, healthy snacks
Why should you be an Ambassador?
- Earn an Amazon gift card
- Add experience to your resume
- Flex your leadership skills
- Optional future travel opportunities
- Build your social group
- Give back to your community
- Learn by doing!
About Healthy Habits
Healthy Habits is a 4-H program designed to teach youth the basics of nutrition, plant science, mindfulness, and physical fitness in an effort to empower them to make healthy choices. The Klickitat County WSU Extension 4-H program received a grant from the Walmart Foundation to offer this health and wellness-focused program to students in Klickitat County.
To increase the impact of the program, we utilize a teen teaching model. Local teens are recruited and trained to deliver this program with the support and supervision of the 4-H Program Manager. More information about the program can be found below.
Healthy Habits will be offered virtually for local youth in grades K-5 this summer. Look for registration information soon.
Youth do not need to be 4-H Members to participate. Registration will be confirmed on a first come, first serve basis. A waitlist will be established and worked from in order should students not be available to participate at any point during the program. It is requested that participating students attend all sessions.
What to Expect:
Engaging virtual lessons will include hands-on activities that youth can complete while following along from home. A book that connects to the lesson will be read. Suggested recipes for continued learning will be provided weekly.
Youth will have the opportunity to study the essentials of life, explore garden science, practice mindfulness habits, make healthy choices, and engage with their peers in play!
Abby Brandt, 4-H Program Manager
Klickitat County Washington State University Extension
Mailing Address: 228 W. Main, MS-CH 12 Goldendale WA 98620