While the number of large livestock and dairy operations in Snohomish County has decreased over the last decade, during that same period we’ve seen a steady rise in the number of small livestock and dairy operations. These new operations often approach livestock from a long-term sustainability point of view embracing new forages, feeds, and techniques to ensure a high quality product.
This page contains links outside Washington State University which provide an option for finding further information.No endorsement of products or information at these sites is implied.
- WSU GrowServ – Livestock links
- WSU Small Farms Connection – Animals
- WSU Veterinary Medicine Extension
- Guide to Poisonous Plants by Dr. A.P. Knight, Colorado State U. Also has links to several other poisonous plant sites.
- Plants Poisonous or Harmful to Horses in N. Central U.S.
- On-Farm Composting of Livestock Mortalities – Dept. of Ecology
- Useful Vertebrate Pest Management links