Find out at a Septic Sense Workshop! Register here.
Learn how to protect your investment and keep it happy for a lifetime of service. Well maintained septic systems will save homeowners money and keep bacteria and nutrients out of local creeks, lakes, and Puget Sound.
Kitsap County residents who own a septic system are welcome to attend a FREE workshop that will include information about:
- How septic systems work
- The best ways to care for them
- How to detect if a system is failing and what to do next
- Low interest loan programs for septic repairs
- How to safely landscape your septic drainfield
- Info about low-interest loan progams for septic system repairs
We will provide refreshments and free green cleaning kits (pictured, one per household).
Details for the next Septic Sense workshop:
Thursday, June 15, 2017 | 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Island Lake Community Room, Poulsbo
Register here or contact Lisa Rillie at 360-337-7157 x3244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open to the public. Space is limited. Sign up today!
If you can’t join us on June 15th you can also sign up to be notified when the next workshop is scheduled.
Here are some resources to help you improve the function and extend the lifespan of your septic system:
- Homeowners Guide to Onsite Sewage Systems
- Craft3 Clean Water Loans
- USDA Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants
- Selling a Property with a Septic System
- Pumping Your Septic System
- Septic Sense, Scents, Cents: Supreme Insights to the Fearless Flush
- Landscaping Your Septic System
- Kitsap Public Health District Septic Resources
Are you interested in joining us for the next Salmon Docent training? Sign up to be notified when the next training is scheduled!
Workshops are sponsored by Clean Water Kitsap, a multi-agency partnership working to reduce flooding, prevent pollution, and restore fish habitat. To learn more about what we are doing to keep water clean and what you can do to help, explore the Clean Water Kitsap website.