Deepen your connection to the incredible natural wonders in Kitsap County!
We bring you affordable classes that take you outside to explore our region’s fresh and salt water ecosystems and our relationship with them. Begin your adventure in lifelong learning and adventure with local experts and peers who share your interests. Our non-credit classes are open to the public, and once you’ve take a training you may choose to volunteer in many of the fun and diverse activities available around Kitsap County.
- Stream Stewards – learn about local watersheds and freshwater ecology; help teach others about their conservation and restoration; participate in stream restoration, sampling, and tree planting
- Beach Naturalists – discover, monitor, and help teach others about the Salish Sea and the many critters who inhabit our shores
- Salmon Docents – learn about Puget Sound’s iconic salmon species and share your knowledge as a streamside Salmon Docent at the annual Kitsap Salmon Tours events
We also offer community education to help you understand our environment and your role in helping protect water resources!
- Septic Sense Workshops – learn how to care for your system and protect your investment with information, technical assistance, green cleaning techniques, and repair loans to fit most budgets
- Kitsap Salmon Tours – a free event for the whole family! Join us every fall to celebrate the return of salmon to Kitsap streams
- Shore Friendly Kitsap – a program for marine shoreline homeowners interested in voluntarily removing all or part of their old bulkhead
- Shore Stewards – a program to connect marine shoreline homeowners to the resources they need to steward their shoreline
To learn more about Beach Naturalists, Stream Stewards, and Salmon Docents, please contact
Water Stewardship Program Coordinator, Amy Smalley
at (360) 228-7303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about marine ecology, please contact
Jeff Adams, Marine Ecologist, at (360) (360) 228-7304 or email@example.com
Kitsap Watershed Stewardship Program is a collaborative partnership between: