- This event has passed.
Spring Greening-Gardening, Composting, Recycling Education Day
March 25 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm$5
Join us for a day filled with gardening, composting, recycling fun and information via workshops and hands-on demonstrations. Stay for one, two or all three sessions.
No pre-registration but space is limited to room capacity. Seats and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Session One Workshops: 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts of Growing Fruits and Veggies in Thurston County
- Attracting Pollinators in Home Gardens
- Changing Your Turf to Raised Beds
Break: 10:45 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Session Two Workshops: 11:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Container Gardening
- Gardening Practices-Myth, Miracle or Maybe
- Yard & Food Waste Composting
Break: 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. (Suggestion- bring a lunch from home if you are staying for the entire day)
- Visit the demonstration/activity tables in the hallways and gathering spaces
- Watch the following live demonstrations
- Proper shrub/tree planting
- Self-watering container gardens
- Year round containers
Session Three Workshops: 1:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Pruning 101
- Herbs-Growing & Preserving Culinary Herbs
- Worm Composting
Hallway Demonstrations and Activity Booths:
(All booths will be staffed by WSU Master Gardener and/or Master Recycler Composter volunteers)
- Gardening/composting/recycling question/answer booth (get your questions answered)
- Tool care, repair and ergonomics
- Weed identification
- Can this item be recycled?
- Beneficial bugs
Select plants, upcycled garden art, and handi-crafts will also be for sale.
Refreshments will be served.
Online follow-up information and resources will also be available.
For further questions please contact, Cori Carlton at (360) 867-2162 or firstname.lastname@example.org