Become a 4-H Volunteer and…
- See the best in our community
- Share your skills and gain new ones
- Make memories and friendships
As an affiliate of Washington State University, our state’s land grant university, you benefit from:
- WSU Extension resources and curriculum
- Training relevant to your 4-H responsibilities and to life
- WSU liability coverage and L&I insurance while volunteering
Take the first step towards becoming a 4-H volunteer: download, read, and complete the WSU 4-H Volunteer Application process.
Sharing your time and talents can be rewarding beyond expectation. Volunteering with 4-H will help to enrich a youth’s life as well as contribute to the future of our community. No matter how much time you have to give, 4-H has a place for YOU.
One-time, Date-Specific Opportunities:
- Assist with event registrations, space setup, etc.
- Office assistance: filing, data entry, etc.
- Assist with fund raising opportunities
- Teach a workshop for youth (e.g., creative arts, animal health, robotics…)
- Serve as a judge in any area of expertise (e.g., photography, sewing, goats…)
- Represent 4-H at recruiting and informational events
- Serve on a committee or ad-hoc task force
- Lead a committee for a specific club or program
- Plan or implement 4-H events
- Facilitate club activities (i.e. fund raising, social activities, awards celebrations, etc.)
- START a club for kids, LEAD a project, TEACH youth skills…
- Serve on an advisory group for 4-H
- Partner with youth to implement shows, trainings, and events
- Be an advocate for youth and youth issues
No matter how much time you have to give – 4-H has a place for YOU!
Jefferson County 4-H Council
Want to meet other 4-H volunteers? You can do so every month at our 4-H Council meetings. 4-H Council is comprised of our 4-H youth and adult leaders and we typically meet the first Monday of every month. This is a great time to find out more about what 4-H looks like and does in our county.
Please click on the Jefferson County 4-H Council webpage for more information.