Throughout the training, local organizations will provide participants with information about local ecological projects and offer exciting opportunities to plug in and make a difference in Kitsap County.
- Stream and forest ecology and restoration
- Fish and wildlife
- Human interactions with their watersheds
This six-week class is offered annually. Each session includes a field component.
After the training, we will provide and connect you with exciting opportunities to volunteer around Kitsap County.
Some resources to get you started:
- Blue Thumb Gardening: Ten tips for protecting water quality while helping your garden grow
- Kitsap Stream Habitat
- Kitsap Stream Bugs – The Big Three
- Kitsap County Watershed Map
- What’s the problem with dog poop?
- Natural Yard Care: 5 steps to make your piece of the planet a healthier place to live!
- Vehicle Washing: Runoff Pollutes
- Car Washing Tips
- Car Maintenance Tips
- 4 reasons to kick the weed & feed habit