4-H Forms & Rules
Youth “must be in the 3rd grade and have reached their 8th birthday by January 1 of the current 4-H year to be eligible for:
- Competitive situations, including livestock shows or sales
- Enrollment in large animals projects including beef, dairy, goat, equine, sheep, llama, and swine.
- Enrollment in projects using firearms
- Enrollment in projects using motorized vehicles
- Enrollment in food preservation projects using hot water bath or pressure canning methods.
The Washington State 4-H information (forms, rules, state opportunities, and news) about large animals 4-H projects are at:
- Beef cattle
- Llama: http://4h.wsu.edu/projects/llama.htm
- Dairy: http://4h.wsu.edu/projects/dairy.htm
Livestock Body Conditioning Scoring Resource (Powerpoint)
New Dairy Beef Curriculum Online!
Please take some time to view our DairyBeef program that is now online in English and Spanish! http://www.bqa.wsu.edu/DairyBeef/index.htm. There are versions for Producers and Farm Workers. You may provide feedback by emailing us at: VetExtension@vetmed.wsu.edu Thanks in advance for your interest and feedback.
Another fact sheet about a disease that has affected some show cattle: Malignant Catarrhal Fever .
Publications & Projects
4-H Publications useful for clubs (officers, ceremonies) as well as all of the project publications are listed in the publication “4-H Projects and Publications”, EM2778, which is available free of charge from the 4-H office or online.
Additional publications at the 4-H office can be viewed. You are welcome to make an appointment to look at them.
Publications are ordered each Friday before noon for delivery the next week (usually by Wednesday). Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your order to Spokane County 4-H, 222 N Havana, Spokane WA 99202.
Please click on a project area you are interested in for a listing of the publications available for each project.