Skip to main content Skip to navigation

4-H Youth Development

Program Contact: Kim Belanger, 4-H Coordinator
(509) 243-2009 •

2015 Dog Show
2015 Dog Show

Enrolling in the 4-H Youth Development Program is Easy!

Why join 4-H?

4-H provides a safe place for members to grow in knowledge and gain understanding of their projects. Along with this comes self-confidence. Members meet new people and are given opportunities for leadership experiences.

The cost for 4-H enrollment is $35 ($25 State fee plus $10 County fee).  Volunteers are not charged enrollment fees.  Cloverbuds do not pay the $10 County fee.  Scholarships are available for youth who need assistance with the enrollment fee.

Youth with special needs are encouraged to join. Please contact the Asotin County Extension office for details.

How do I get started?

Choose a project, pick a 4-H club and contact the 4-H leader to determine in they have openings for the projects you want your child to enroll in. (Visit the “Become a 4-H member” page). Or you can just contact the WSU Asotin County Extension office and we’ll help you through the process. You can reach us at (509) 243-2009 or visit us in the basement of the Asotin County Courthouse in Asotin, Washington.

WesternGamesChoose a Project

There are many projects to choose from in  4-H. Visit Projects and Publications. Each club has leaders that help the youth with certain project areas.

Asotin County does not have leaders available for all the projects 4-H has to offer. If you, or someone you know is interested in becoming a 4-H leader, please contact the Asotin County 4-H office.

Choose a 4-H Club

Asotin County 4-H has lots of 4-H Clubs located in Clarkston, Asotin and Anatone. Each club offers certain projects.

Review the “Asotin County 4-H Clubs” page and find which club you may be interested in joining. If there are any openings, contact the organizational leader of that 4-H Club.

Enrolling in 4-H

Once you have chosen your projects and gotten approval from the club leader,  you will enroll in 4-H using the 4-H Online system.  Go to the 4-H Information page, under enrollment for instructions.  Contact the Extension Office if you need assistance.

If you would like to start your own 4-H Club, please contact Kim Belanger in the Asotin County 4-H Office at (509) 243-2009 or email