Fall Garden Series 2022
Join the Asotin and Garfield Co Master Gardeners for 3 educational seminars on gardening.
Clarkston Campus of Walla Walla Community College – lecture hall. 1470 Bridge Street.
Also offered via Zoom. Link will be sent prior to class
Oct 19, 26, Nov 2. 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Oct 19: Everything Soils and Food Preservation
- Do you want to better understand and improve the soil conditions for your home garden? University of Idaho Research Assistants Bronte Sonȅ and Kendall Kahl will be presenting on cover crops, soil management practices and overall soil health.
- Kelly Stewart, WSU Whitman County Program Coordinator will provide basic information and resources for canning, freezing, and dehydrating foods so you can safely preserve your garden’s harvest.
Oct 26: All About Tomatoes
- Tomato growing is worth the effort! Let WSU Master Gardener Dennis Fife walk you through supporting, pruning, and fertilizing your tomatoes throughout the season. You will also learn how to identify and solve your hot weather issues to help improve your tomato growing experience.
- Garfield Co. Master Gardener Terry Brandon will talk about irrigation and winter infrastructures. Asotin Co. Master Gardener Heather Herres will discuss vertical gardening.
Nov 2: Disease Management of Fruit Trees
- Deb Pehrson, Farm Manager, WSU Teaching Orchard will talk about best practices for maintaining healthy fruit trees. She will be discussing insect and diseases of fruit trees and her particular regimen for spraying.
**If you will be attending via Zoom, please include your email address so we can send you the Zoom link**
- Via email: Send your name, email address, and classes you are taking to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment can be mailed to PO Box 9, Asotin, WA 99402 or brought to our office in the basement of the Asotin County Courthouse
- In person at the event. Pay with cash or check.
- Pay online here:
MASTER GARDENER TRAINING AND HORTICULTURE CLASSES
Interested in becoming a Master Gardener or brushing up on your horticulture knowledge?
Then this training is for you!
Classes are held in even numbered years. The next class will begin early in 2024. Information will be available fall 2023. Classes are for those interested in becoming WSU Asotin, Garfield, Walla Walla, and Whitman County, or UI Nez Perce County Master Gardeners. Those that wish to take the classes and not become Master Gardeners are welcome if class caps are not reached. Those interested in becoming Master Gardeners will also need to take the WSU on-line training during those months. For more information on becoming a Master Gardener, please contact your local Extension Office.
Be sure to click on the “Calendar of Events” tab in the navigation bar to see more horticulture and other upcoming events.
The WSU Asotin County Master Gardeners offer workshops about gardening, landscaping, ornamental plants, lawns, etc. Please see the Upcoming Events link to find those dates or check your local newspaper. If you would like to be added to our emailing list to receive flyers for upcoming horticulture related events in our area, please contact our office at 509-243-2009 or email Janice at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name, complete address, phone number, and email address.
The WSU Asotin County Master Gardeners have Free Plant Clinics to advise community residents about horticulture related issues. Clinics are held in the Master Gardener office in the basement of the Courthouse in Asotin, Washington. They begin in May and continue through September on Wednesdays from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Be sure to bring a sample with you for better identification. The MG’s are also available at various events throughout the year. Please see the Upcoming Events page for dates or contact our office at 509-243-2009 or email Janice at firstname.lastname@example.org.