Updated by Jaime Ruddell | December 14, 2022
4-H Record Books
Your experience with 4-H record books will lead you through the process of setting goals, securing assistance in reaching those goals and recording your progress. You will gain skills such as organization, setting priorities, maintaining financial records. This can come in very handy when you begin completing job, college and scholarship applications.
How to make records books work for you:
- Carefully set SMART goals at the beginning of the 4-H Year.
- Actively use your record book EVERY month, taking notes, recording activities, and revisiting your goals.
- Assess your progress mid-year (March) and refine if necessary.
- Evaluate your accomplishments, and challenges at the end of your 4-H year.
- Complete your 4-H record book and submit to your leader to qualify for your 4-H pins, patches and awards.