4-H Record Books
Your experience with 4-H record books will lead you through the process of setting goals, securing assistance in reaching those goals and recording your progress. You will gain skills such as organization, setting priorities, maintaining financial records. This can come in very handy when you begin completing job, college and scholarship applications.
How to make records books work for you:
- Carefully set SMART goals at the beginning of the 4-H Year.
- Actively use your record book EVERY month, taking notes, recording activities, and revisiting your goals.
- Assess your progress mid-year (March) and refine if necessary.
- Evaluate your accomplishments, and challenges at the end of your 4-H year.
Information for 4-H Volunteer Leaders & Parents
We value our volunteer leaders! Without you, there would be no 4-H Youth Development Program. To help support you as you provide safe, fun learning environments for our youth, we encourage you to take advantage of all of the resources the WSU Extension Office offers.
- 4-H Policies and Procedures Manual
- Each year, we offer a training workshop for leaders and encourage all to attend (whether you’ve been leading for 20 years, or are just starting).
- Throughout the year, we want you to feel free to contact our office with questions, concerns, or ideas.
- The WSU 4-H Volunteer website provides a wide variety of training modules, links to other programs, and descriptions of basic 4-H program elements for you to study at your own pace.
Click here to go to training
- Incident Report Form
Remember, you are never alone as a 4-H Leader! Here are some of the forms and documents you’ll need throughout the year.
4-H Scholarship Assistance Form
4H State Fair Scholarship Form
4-H Yearly Checklist for 4-H Pins and Patches
Display Contest Entry Form
Island County 4-H Scholarship Application
Island County Community Service Form
Island County Leader of the Year Cover Sheet
Island County Leader of the Year Nomination Form
4-H Leaders Council Funds Request form_Rev 3-22
4-H Yearly Checklist for 4-H Pins and Patches R2021 (2)26
Whidbey Island Fair Requirements
Small Animal Divisional Requirements
Market Animal Requirements for WIF
Horse Requirements for WIF
Goat Requirements for WIF
Dog Requirements for WIF
Poultry Requirements for WIF (coming soon)
Shooting Sports Requirements for WIF (coming soon)