In 4-H, youth choose one or more areas of interest to explore. 4-H calls these areas of interest “projects”. Youth also choose a 4-H club in which to explore their project. Follow these steps to get involved in a 4-H Club.
1. Choose a Project
What are you interested in? 4-H offers many opportunities to learn more! Choose one (or more) of the projects offered in Island County 4-H:
- Dogs, Horses, Cats, Rabbits, Cavies, Beef, Dairy, Sheep, Swine, Goats, Poultry
- Environmental Stewardship & Exploration
- Archery, Riflery,
- Gardening, Foods, Sewing, Needlework, Photography, Creative Arts, Performing Arts
- Computers, Technology, Minecraft
- and more!
2. Choose a 4-H Club
To find a club that offers leadership in the project you are interested in, visit our 4-H Club Directory
You can also contact 4-H staff to find a club; or to learn how to start your own! 360-639-6064 or email at Island.4h@WSU.edu
3. Make Connections
Use the provided contact information to connect with clubs to learn more about them and arrange to visit meetings or activities to find the club that best fits your needs and goals.
4. Enroll in 4-H and HAVE FUN!
Once you have chosen a club, enroll in 4-HOnline. Then jump right in and get involved! 4-H is all about learning-by-doing, hands-on fun!