The raising of livestock can be an educationally rewarding experience for youth.
It is the intent of the Livestock Committee to develop a 4-H livestock program that will provide county youth a continuing opportunity to:
1. Learn project skills such as the caring, feeding, training, and fitting and showing of livestock;
2. Learn how to judge and select livestock;
3. Learn how to keep livestock records to make informative decisions;
4. Develop leadership skills, cooperation, self-reliance and sportsmanship through club activities;
5. Gain an appreciation of livestock and the livestock industry;
6. Receive support of the above through the Quality Assurance and Animal Care program.
The Livestock Committee meets every 3rd Tuesday at 7pm in Armory Room A of the Kittitas Valley Events Center Armory Building. All are welcome to join!
*There is no meeting the month of December or April or July. The August Meeting is held on the first Tuesday of the month.
Livestock Committee Officers:
President – Mark Crowley
Vice President – Kevin Smith
Secretary – Erin Tostenson
Kittitas County 4-H/FFA Livestock Policy