Future engineer in the making? 4-H has developed a comprehensive robotics program to inspire young people and develop an early interest in robotics engineering and technology. This new program is part of 4-H’s bold goal to engage one million new young people in science by the year 2013 and to address a declining trend in our nation’s science, engineering, mathematics, and technology workforce. 4-H’s objectives for robotics are:
- build an understanding of basic science concepts related to robotics
- apply the processes of scientific inquiry and engineering design
- learn about robotics arms, hands, etc.
- learn about moving, power transfer, and locomotion
- learn about the connection mechanisms and electronic elements
Local Robotics Clubs:
**Contact the Kittitas County Extension Office for more information