Small Farms Classes and Events

Program Contact: Pat Munts
(509) 477-2173 •

Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact Spokane County Extension at 222 N Havana Spokane WA  99202; (509) 477-2160 at least two weeks prior to the beginning any educational class or series.


Farm to Festival – Introduction to AgrotourismFebruary 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am3:00 pm

Urban Goat Keeping: February 21, 2018 @ 6:00 pm9:00 pm

Starting a Community Garden: February 28, 2018 @ 6:00 pm9:00 pm

Keeping Urban Chickens: March 7, 2018 @ 6:00 pm9:00 pm

Managing Noxious Weeds: March 13, 2018 @ 6:00 pm9:00 pm



Beekeeping Classes at WSU Spokane County Extension

Introduction to Permaculture

A two-day introductory course December 9 & 10, 9am to 3pm.  Learn about the ethics, principles and a few of the methods in the toolbox of permaculture design.

Vegetable Production

Tuesday nights January 9 through March 27, 2018, 6-9:00 pm.  Learn the basics of small-scale vegetable and fruit production for the northeast Washington region.


Permaculture Design Certification Course

April 28 through May 12, 2018.

This two-week Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course offers a comprehensive introduction to Permaculture principles, applications & design practices and meets the international standard as the 72+ hour foundation course for Permaculture practitioners.

You will have many opportunities to put theory into practice by doing hands-on, creative activities at CHI Farms in Cheney Washington. Permaculture principles include vegetable gardening, animal husbandry, water capture & retention, etc. We will do a site analysis and create designs for the farm. Special guests will share their expertise as well.



Extension programs and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations on nondiscrimination regarding race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin; physical, mental, or sensory disability; marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office.