These hands-on workshops focus on how to work with youth to help them develop their science inquiry process skills. Trainings are customized to meet the needs of the partner organization and the specific STEM activities or curriculum they will be facilitating. The workshops are minimum half-day in length.
4-H STEM Resources
Video Series on 4-H Inquiry-Based Learning
- Lesson 1: Why Should I Include Inquiry-Based Learning in Experiential Learning Activities
- Lesson 2: How Do I Use Inquiry-Based Learning With Youth?
- Lesson 3: How Can I Better Facilitate Inquiry-Based Learning
4-H Science Handouts on Inquiry-Based Learning
- Recognizing Experiential Learning and Inquiry Rubric
- Experiential Learning 5 Step Learning Cycle
- What Is Inquiry?
- What’s In A Question? Understanding the Types of Questions I’m Asking
Click 2 Science STEM Resources
Click2Science is an interactive, professional development site for trainers, coaches, site directors and frontline staff/volunteers working in out-of-school time STEM programs, serving children and youth.
The resources give participants the opportunity to can gain STEM knowledge in 20 essential skills to make STEM “click” with youth. These skills are focused on three core areas:
- planning STEM learning experiences,
- interacting with youth doing STEM, and
- building STEM skills.
These skills were identified by looking through existing research and resources, as well as by asking frontline facilitators, trainers, and coaches what skills they needed help supporting.
Click2Science was developed by University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension in Partnership with the Noyce Foundation. Registration is free! Find out more at Click2Sciencepd.org.