Would you like to schedule a Washington State University Extension Master Gardener to speak to your gardening club or other group? WSU Master Gardeners do presentations on a variety of gardening topics as part of their mission to empower and sustain diverse communities with relevant, unbiased, research-based horticulture and environmental stewardship education.
To request a WSU Master Gardener for your event in King County please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 6 weeks before your event date. Please include the following information in your email:
- Event date(s)
- The time you want the presenter to arrive (either virtual or in-person) plus the actual presentation start time
- Event contact name, telephone number and e-mail address
- Event site and street address, city and zip code if requesting an in-person speaker
- Number of anticipated guest/attendees
- The topic you would like to have presented. See options below.
We request a minimum of 10 attendees. Presentations typically range from 30 minutes to one hour. In most cases there is no charge, however donations to the Master Gardener Foundation of King County (www.mgfkc.org) are appreciated.
Once a request is received, we will do our best to provide a speaker, however, our WSU Master Gardeners are volunteers, and we cannot guarantee a Master Gardener will be available for your specific event date/time.
Updated November 2022
Fruits, Herbs & Vegetables
Feature image by Ella Olsson. Container plants image by Shirley Hirst; tomato image by Axel Mellin; orchid detail by Anna CA Pictures, summer squash image by Sh2587; and soil image by Lisa Fotios.