Fair Book 2023 pdf – https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2058/2023/03/Fair-Book-2023.pdf
King County Fair is coming soon!
Dates of Fair – July 13-16th Enumclaw Expo Center
|Spring||Youth work on educational posters, projects and exhibits for Fair|
|May 15||Youth must be registered into 4-H Online to participate in Fair|
|May||Drop off dates – posters/photo exhibits
will be updated in early May
contact us to schedule a drop off time – we are in office by appointment only 253-224-2884 Nancy or email@example.com
|June 1st||4-H Educational Posters & Displays due in person – can be dropped off TBA|
|Critter Crowning application due – date will be updated soon|
|July 8||Expo Center Activity hall – clean and set up 9 am – 12 pm
Activity Hall dropoff still life Saturday July 12 pm – 6 pm (at EXPO Center)
|July 13-14||Vet check – times vary by department – check with Superintendents|
|July 13-16||KING COUNTY FAIR|
|July 16||Exhibit releases 630 pm or when barns/stables are clean and you are dismissed by Superintendents.
Activity Hall – release time after 6 pm Sunday, July 16th
Educational Posters and Displays
Still Life Ed Poster form editable 2022 – Download this form to fill out on computer and printed. Please attach to back of all Ed Posters and Displays.
Posters may be educational based on your club project or another 4-H project (you can submit up to 4 entries from different categories) or posters may be promotional, highlighting your favorite aspect of 4-H or what you think 4-H has to offer.
The 4-H Tip Sheet includes practical recommendations to help create effective paper or digital posters. To get started:
- Choose your topic
- Do your research
- Sketch out your ideas—Have Fun with this! Do your best to do it yourself and not have parents or siblings “help”
- Design your poster or display—get creative and have fun with the digital process
- Choose color or colors
- Make sure to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Choose your pictures, photos, clipart, graphs, or drawings (NO copyright material unless you have permission from the source)
- Remember to cite your sources (include the full URL).
- Entries will be judged against the standard as defined on the scorecard, not in competition with other posters.
- Be entered by the date specified above.
- Have properly completed the Still Life Entry Tag securely attached to the lower left corner of poster.
- Top of the entry tag should be taped to the back of poster with tag information facing forward below the poster.
- Meet all requirements on the Scorecard.
- Be legible from a distance of 10 feet.
- Do not use copyrighted or brand names in your poster entries
- Educate the public and be self-explanatory (Examples: “Don’t feed your dog chocolate” could say “Chocolate can be toxic to” or “Eat fruits and vegetables” could say “Eating fruits and vegetables helps build strong, healthy bodies”).
- For promotional 4-H posters, do not need to list citations.
For Animal Science Projects:
Due no later than June 1, 2023 at the 4-H Office. No late entries accepted. Call Nancy at 253-224-2884 before scheduling a trip to office to confirm someone will be there to take your entries. Office hours are by appointment only. Drop off dates/times TBA and will be posted soon.
Lot C & D Entries (Table displays & trifolds) Activity Building – these items can be brought in day of animals are checked in or brought to the Activity Hall Saturday, July 8th from 12-6