The 4-H year begins on October 1st of each year and is completed on September 30th, and is open to youth ages 5 to 18. Members can join anytime throughout the year, depending on the club’s capacity. Please keep in mind that fair eligibility is affected by registration date (3/1 for all animal projects; 6/1 for all still life or non-animal projects). To learn more and get in touch with a club, please contact the 4-H Program Coordinator, at (360) 317-3303 or email: email@example.com.
Once you decide to join, you will enroll with 4HOnline. Enrollment costs $25 per member.*
All project availability is based on volunteer engagement; some clubs may not be currently offering all projects listed. If you are able to volunteer to lead a project, we can offer it!
- Fur & Feathers – This is a multi-project club, which includes Rabbit, Poultry, Goat, Sheep, Cavy, Horse, Swine, Gardening, Photography, Archery, Crafts, and Foods
San Juan Island
- San Juan Island Livestock – Sheep, Goat, Dairy, Beef, and Swine
- Country Critters – Rabbit, Poultry and Cavy
- Bits & Spurs – Horse
- Lopez Livestock and General Club – Beef, Dairy, Swine, Sheep and Goats; Photography
- Horse Rangers – Horse
- Shaw Island Rocks, Shoots and Roots – Visual and creative art projects, Woodworking, Rocketry, and self-determined projects
All Island Participation
Not a club available with the project you had in mind? Please consider volunteering so that can happen. You will find more information about becoming a 4-H volunteer here.
*Please contact the WSU Extension Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your family needs financial assistance in order to cover the cost of enrollment.