The 4-H year begins on October 1st of each year and is completed on September 30th. Most clubs have their first meeting in October, but members can join anytime throughout the year. There are projects for any child from age 5-18. Each island in San Juan County has a variety of clubs that are available to join. If you find a project that you are interested in or would like to contact the leader and learn more about joining 4-H please contact the 4-H Program Coordinator, at (360) 370-7662 or email: email@example.com. Once you decide to join, you can enroll with 4HOnline
. Enrollment costs $25 per member.*
- Trail Blazers – Horse
- Fur & Feathers – This is a multi-project club, which includes Rabbit, Alpacas, Poultry, Cavy, Gardening, Photography, Archery, Crafts, Foods, and more!
San Juan Island
- San Juan Island Community Club – General club for all San Juan Island 4-H’ers that meets on the third Tuesday of every month. This club offers cooking, baking, photography, and crafts.
- San Juan Island Livestock – Sheep, Goat, Dairy, Beef, and Swine
- Country Critters – Rabbit, Poultry and Cavy and other still life activities
- Bits & Spurs – Horse
- Lopez Livestock – Beef, Dairy, Swine, Sheep and Goats
- Flashers – Photography
- Horse Rangers – Horse
- Clucks and Quacks – Poultry
- Lopez Foods – Cooking and Baking
- Cage-E-Kids – Rabbit, Poultry and Cavy
- Pioneer Crafts – Visual and creative art projects
- Rocketry projects
- Wood craft projects
- Baking and table decorating projects
All Island Participation
Not a club available with the project you had in mind? 4-H can be anything you want it to be, so if you would like to do a project that is not currently being offered by 4-H, our office can help you explore the possibility of starting it through 4-H.
*Please contact the WSU Extension Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your family needs financial assistance in order to cover the cost of enrollment.