Due to circumstances brought on by the pandemic and current wildfires, we are postponing the start date to Oct 20th, have augmented the course format to fit in a shorter timeline, and have changed the course fee to $125. Registration is coming shortly!
Fall 2020 Whole Farm Planning Course Description:
- $125 for a 9-week course offered fully online through Zoom!
- Class begins October 20th running through December 15th, 2020 and meets every Tuesday from 6:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Scholarships are available for Military Veterans and anyone for which the course fee is a barrier.
A step-by-step 9 – week course, to prepare a well thought out plan for your land, life, and business. Use a whole systems lens to create a living plan for your small farm future. Course will cover broad overview of production and marketing options for today’s small farm. Whether you are just exploring the opportunities available or already have an existing operation, you’ll learn what it takes to create, sustain, and grow a viable small farm enterprise.
Fall 2020 Whole Farm Planning courses are being offered fully online! This course will not only connect you to your local farming community, you will also learn alongside a collective statewide cohort! Come build your small farms community network and learn from presenters like local producers and processors, community-based organizations, and specialists with expertise in direct marketing, value-added processing, production planning, agronomy, livestock production, and more!
Key Exercises for Whole Farm Planning Course:
- Sustainability Concepts
- Whole Farm Planning
- Evaluating Resources
- Enterprise Assessment
- Marketing & Business Strategies
- Sustainable Farming Practices
- Ecological Soil Management
- Integrated Pest & Weed Management
- Basics of Livestock & Intensive Management
- Equipment & Facilities Considerations
Online Class Time: Every Tuesday – October 20th through December 15th , 2020 – from 6pm to 8:30pm (No class on Election Day)
Registration Coming Soon! Please email Kate if you’d like to be contacted when registration opens.
Contact Kate Mikulak, Ag Program Coordinator, for more information: 360-370-7664; firstname.lastname@example.org