4-H Animal Ownership Deadlines
- 3/1: Animal ownership deadline – Market Beef. You must own your market beef animal by this date to qualify to auction your animal at the San Juan County Fair (San Juan County 4-H Livestock Market Animal Auction Committee requirement).
- 5/1: Animal ownership deadline (90 days before the Fair) – Horses, Breeding Beef, Alpacas, Llamas, Dairy (except replacement Heifers).
- 6/1: Animal ownership deadline (60 days before the Fair): Swine, Lambs, Goats, Cats, Dogs, replacement Heifers.
- 7/1: Animal ownership deadline (45 days before the Fair) – Rabbits, Cavies, Poultry. This deadline also applies to participation in the auction at the San Juan County Fair (turkey trio, alternative poultry trio, broiler trio, rabbit fryer trio, pullet production trio).
To learn more about Washington State 4-H Animal Ownership Deadlines, please refer to the Washington 4-H Policies and Procedures Manual (2021/2022) here: https://extension.wsu.edu/4h/member-resources/
To learn more about San Juan County 4-H Livestock Auction requirements, refer to our San Juan County 4-H Policy document found here: https://extension.wsu.edu/sanjuan/4h/helpful-links-and-documents/
Horse Project Paperwork Deadlines
- 5/15: Horse Certificate and Horse Lease Agreement forms are due to your County Extension Office. These forms are necessary so that you can participate in the San Juan County Fair.
- Horse Health and Rider Waiver Form
- Washington 4-H Horse Member Ethics Form
- Fair Camping Reservations
- Fair Entry Gate Passes/Wristbands Form/Horse Stall Fees
- Horse Registration Form
You will find these and all other important forms on this page: https://extension.wsu.edu/sanjuan/4h/helpful-links-and-documents/
San Juan County 4-H Livestock Market Animal Auction Committee Deadlines
In order to participate in the auction, you will need to meet all enrollment deadlines, animal ownership deadlines, and otherwise be a 4-H member in good status. Participation in the auction requires your utmost attention to detail; it will help you develop your marketing and sales experience along with the challenges of raising animals for sale. Your animals will need to meet requirements. Please review ALL auction documents and requirements carefully, and ask your 4-H club leaders for assistance. You will find current “Livestock Auction Requirements” on this page: https://extension.wsu.edu/sanjuan/4h/helpful-links-and-documents/
- 6/1: For all 4-H members who will sell a large animal at auction (market beef, alternative beef, hog, meat goat, lamb), the “Intent to Sell” and “Sifting Committee Memorandum” forms are due to the County Extension Office.
- 6/5: Mandatory Livestock Spring Weigh-in at the San Juan County Fairgrounds, starts 2:00 pm (or when inter-island ferry arrives)
- 7/28: “Intent to Sell” and “Sifting Committee Memorandum” for 4-H members who will auction small livestock and/or eggs at the San Juan County Fair.
- 8/16: Final weigh-in day. Livestock members will submit Producer Affidavits and Health Records for their market animals.
All forms are available for download here: https://extension.wsu.edu/sanjuan/4h/helpful-links-and-documents/