Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Small Acreage Publications and Videos

Small Acreage Resources

Small Acreage Landowner Services Directory (715 KB PDF)

Soil, Water, Forage Testing Labs in the Pacific Northwest (PDF)

Tips On Land & Water Management for Small Acreages in Southwest Washington (PDF)


Managing Runoff

Keeping Clean Water Clean and Reducing Mud: Improving Drainage (Webpage/335 KB PDF)

Keeping Clean Water Clean and Reducing Mud: Managing Roof Runoff  (Webpage/227 KB PDF)

Reduce Mud and Keep Water Clean: Sacrifice Areas (Webpage/852 KB PDF)

Simple Steps to Protect Your Surface and Well Water (Webpage/150 KB PDF)

Reducing Mud on Small Acreages (video clip)


Wells and Septic Systems

Don’t Let Your Dollar$ Go Down the Drain! Septic Tank Additives (Webpage/818 KB PDF)

Protect Your Drinking Water: Simple Tips for Well Maintenance (Webpage/PDF)

Protecting Your Investment: Inspecting Your Septic System (Webpage/PDF)

Save Time and Money – Properly Landscape Your Septic System (Webpage/PDF)


Land Management

Water Quality Self Assessment Guide for Small Acreages (Webpage/2.6 MB PDF)

Constructing Ponds and Water Features: What Does it Take? (517 KB PDF)

Current Use Taxation (545 KB PDF)

Information on Small Acreage Management; A Resource List (604 KB PDF)

Management Practices for Small Acreages: Keeping Water Clean (Webpage/548 KB PDF)

Natural Insect Control for Small Acreages (PDF – 580K)

What Can You Do On Your Land? FAQs (Webpage/652 KB PDF)


Pasture and Grazing Management

How Green is Your Grass? Five Steps to Better Pasture and Grazing Management (Webpage/PDF)


Managing Manure

Composting Manure on Your Property (Webpage/PDF)

Manure Management (video clip)




~ Small Acreage Program Listserv ~
Receive emails about upcoming
classes and events.


Contact Us

Terry Koper
WSU Small Acreage Coordinator – Clark County
1919 NE 78th St Vancouver, WA 98665-9752


Justin O’Dea
Regional Agricultural Specialist Faculty – WSU Clark County Extension
1919 NE 78th St Vancouver, WA 98665-9752
(564) 397-5701