Skip to main content Skip to navigation

4-H Horse News, Notes, and Events

Program Contact: Bridget Rohner, WSU Extension Youth Family & Community Education, Lincoln-Adams
(509) 725-4171 •
Program Contact: Randy Williams, Lincoln-Adams 4-H Program Coordinator
(509) 725-4171  •

Program Contact: Karen Robertson, Lincoln-Adams WSU Extension Program Assistant
(509) 659-3209  •

 Events           Horse Project Forms & Resources   

Reminder: Every 4-H household with a member that competes in 4-H horse events, or a leader who assists competitive youth members, should have a current copy of the:
The PNW 4-H Horse Contest Guide – Date on bottom of front cover should say “Effective October 1, 2015.”

Lincoln-Adams 4-H Horse ID Forms are required for Horse Project Members who own/lease an equine for project use. DUE NOW, when members enroll!! Changes, new horses can be added up to the Final deadline on April 1st.

After April 1st., requests for changes (replacement of project horse, especially if member has only 1 horse) due to loss, unsoundness, or safety issues, can be made to the Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Leaders (Lincoln Co.) or the Extension Office (Adams Co.)  If approved, horses may be shown but may not be eligible for premium points or ribbon placings.


4-H-horse-disciplines-panelLincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Meeting
Next Meeting: May 20,  2019
6:30 PM
WSU Extension Office
303 6th St., Davenport, WA  99122

ALL WELCOME! (Including Adams Co. ! )  Ideally, there should be at least one representative from each club and Family 4-H Group that enrolls 4-H horse project members attend our meetings to ensure that every club/family group has input into what we can do to help this program thrive.

For more information, please contact Robin Nachtigal

Thank you,
Robin Nachtigal   Email
Lincoln County 4-H Horse Council Facilitator

Lincoln Co 4-H Horse Program Minutes-6-18-18 Draft 
Lincoln Co 4-H Horse Program Minutes -5-23-18 Draft

Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes -2-21-18- Draft 
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program  Minutes -10-2-17
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes -DRAFT – 8-14-17
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – DRAFT-5-15-17
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – 4-17-17
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes -Draft – 3-6-17
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program – Minutes – 2-6-17

Final approved minutes for May 2016  – through November 2016 not provided

Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – DRAFT -4-18-16
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes -3-28-16
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes-11-2-15
Lincoln Co 4-H Horse Program Minutes – 8-31-15
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – 8-10-15
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes-7-6-15
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes -03/02/15
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – 02/2/15
Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Minutes – 01/5/15

4-H Horse Events & Activities

Lincoln Adams Area 4-H Horse Events

Final 4-H Horse Project Enrollment Deadline – April 1st

Ritzville Horsemanship Clinic*

(Not sponsored by 4-H but good educational opportunity)
June 12 – 14, 2019
Ritzville Rodeo Grounds
Novice through Advanced, English & Western
Watch for contact information.

Cartoon horse in sunglassesSummer Sizzler 4-H Horse Show

Lincoln Co. Fairgrounds, Davenport, WA
Tentative Date: July 27, 2019
For ALL 4-H Horse Members!

PLEASE indicate your interest by March 1, 2019
to Robin Nachtigal!   Email 
Yes – interested,  Maybe interested, NO will not attend.
Currently the ONLY qualifying show for Lincoln and Adams Co.  Intermediate and Senior 4-H Members who would like to compete at the WA State 4-H Fair in Puyallup in September. More information on the Summer Sizzler Horse Show Page


Spokane County 4-H Horse Events


Spokane County 4-H Calendar of Events 

Spokane County Horse Program

Neighboring counties welcome.

Reminder: Lincoln &  Adams Co. 4-H Horsemanship Project members planning to take a horse to a Spokane Co. (and other county) 4-H events, must have a current Lincoln-Adams 4-H Horse ID form on file at the Ritzville WSU Extension Office.

Spring 4-H Horse Clinics @ the Spokane Interstate Fairgrounds
May 10th, 11th, & 12th

Early Bird Registration by May 3rd
Register online at: :

Or download, fill out and send paper copy:


Spring 4-H Horse Clinics -May 10, 11, 12 2019

Grant County 4-H Horse Events

Annual Weights and Measures Healthy Horse Clinic
Grant County Horse Association is sponsoring the annual Healthy Horse clinic with Moses Lake Veterinary and Cows R Us.

When:   Friday, March 22, 2019 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.

Where:  Schafer Livestock Co – Cows R Us, 3920 E Broadway,
Moses Lake Veterinary Clinic, 3918 E Broadway Ext.

Bring your horse and get height, weight and blanket size measured.  4-H members can also complete their 4-H horse ownership certificates which are due April 1.  (An updated Grant County 4-H horse ownership certificate will be available soon!)

NOTE: Lincoln-Adams County Horse ID (Certificate) available on:


Additional information about the Healthy Horse Clinic will be available at the Grant County Horse Association business meeting on Monday, March 18, 2019, 7pm, Pilot’s Lounge, Moses Lake Municipal Airport.

Stevens Co. 4-H Horse Events

Stevens Co. 4-H encourages participation from other counties in order to have enough entries for events to be cost and time effective! Support Stevens County activities with your attendance and they will encourage their youth to attend future Lincoln-Adams County 4-H horse events to increase participation here to viable levels!

Information on Stevens Co. 4-H Events:
Shannon Rowley
WSU Stevens County Extension
4-H and Food $ense Program
986 S. Main Ste. D, Colville, WA  99114

WA State Fair

4-H Events are held annually at the WA State Fair in Puyallup WA the first 3 weeks of September!

There are OTHER horse related activities at State Fair such as Horse Judging Contest, Groom Squad Contest, and National Equine Presentations (for senior 4-H members.) If interested, contact Karen at the Extension Office at 509-659-3209.
Also visit the State Fair Page.

Other State 4-H Horse Events

There are also other WA State level opportunities for individual and state competition such as Horse Bowl and Hippology. These are held at different locations each year – usually in April or May. Contact the Extension Office or visit:

Extension. Reference to commercial services, non-4-H activities, products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by WSU Extension or 4-H is implied.

Top of Page


There are 3 official Horse Projects

  • Equine Science
  • Horseless Horse
  • Horsemanship

Members must be 8 years old (as of Oct. 1 of current 4-H year) or older to enroll in “Equine Science” and/or “Horsemanship” projects. Members 5 to 18 years old may enroll in the “Horseless Horse” project.
See pages 13-14 of WA 4-H Publications & Projects Catalog for details.

4-H Horse CurriculumCovers of National 4-H Horse Project Curriculum

The recommended set of National 4-H Horse curriculum was revised! Complete Curriculum set:

Each 4-H Horse household should consider ordering a set! If you have a set or the National 4-H Horse Curriculum with tan covers – then you have the old version. If you ordered recently – and your covers are blue, then you have the latest!

There is also a “Bundled” set that includes a Horse Bingo game!  This set might be a good option for a “club owned set”!

understanding-the-horse-traier-rig-publication-coverNEW Resource!

Order or free download (large file.) If you can’t download contact Karen at the Extension Office. Will provide one copy to each Lincoln or Adams Co. club with horse project members by request.

Lincoln-Adams 4-H Horse ID Forms

Click HERE for more information on Lincoln-Adams 4-H Horse ID Forms

Top of Page

*This page provides information and links to external sites for the convenience of users. These external sites are not managed by the WSU Extension. Furthermore, WSU Extension does not review, control or take responsibility for the content of these sites, nor do these sites implicitly or explicitly represent official positions and policies of WSU Extension. Reference to commercial services, non-4-H activities, products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by WSU Extension or 4-H is implied.

Extension is for Everyone

Extension programs and policies are consistent with federal and state laws and regulations on nondiscrimination regarding race; sex/gender; sexual orientation; gender identity/expression; religion; age; color; creed; national or ethnic origin; physical, mental, or sensory disability, including disability requiring the use of a trained service animal; marital status, genetic information, and/or status as an honorably discharged veteran or member of the military. Report concerns to, 509-335-8288, or your local Extension office. Requests for special accommodations at Lincoln-Adams Extension Events can be made at least two weeks in advance by calling 509-659-3209 or 509-725-4171.

Mobile Device Users:
Navigation Links to more 4-H pages on this website:

Send YOUR 4-H Horse News & Announcements:

Karen at the Extension Office

Get Connected:


WA State 4-H Horseleaders Yahoo Group & List-serve
for Adults & teens interested in the 4-H Horse Program. Great source of info on events, horses & equipment wanted/for sale, & discussion of issues.


Are you subscribed to the Lincoln-Adams 4-H email list-serve? Contact Karen for details.


Spokane County
4-H Horse Program

Lincoln Co. 4-H Horse Program Contacts:

Facilitator: Robin Nachtigal
Treasurer: Justine Winn

2018 Summer Sizzler
Saturday, July 28, 2018

Lincoln County 4-H Horse Program
Records & 
Forms Chair: Janet O’Neil
The Extension Office will forward Horse ID & Commitment forms to Records Chair in April.