The basic purpose of the volunteers who serve on 4-H Councils is to meet the educational needs of the enrolled youth. They must determine what those needs are and how to best deliver programs to meet those needs. Throughout the state, volunteers work in partnership with Extension professionals to develop programs that best serve the changing needs of youth in their county or area.
In each county an Extension professional is ultimately responsible for the 4-H program. Consequently, all work and decisions of the 4-H Council are advisory to the 4-H professional.
If you are a 4-H Volunteer, Family 4-H leader or 4-H member, Council is important to YOU!
All 4-H leaders, parents, members (especially teens) are welcome to attend Leaders’ Council meetings. Please encourage at least one leader, teen, or parent to represent your group (Club, Family or Special Interest Program) at Leaders’ Council meetings! It doesn’t have to be the same person each time!
The Council exists to help guide the local 4-H program efforts. The Lincoln and (East) Adams 4-H Leaders’ Councils:
- provide financial help to teens and leaders to attend conferences, workshops, training, and forums
- manages the local 4-H Scholarship program
- provide important input to local Fair Boards (Lincoln Co. Fair or Wheat Land Communities Fair) and can receive information from the Fair Boards to share back with leaders
- oversee and support (with help from the Extension Office) the Council sub-committees such as Youth Camp, Horse Leaders (Li. Co.), Know Your Government, ad hoc livestock committees, Super Saturday or other county or bi-county 4-H events, awards or achievement programs, State Fair participation, etc.
- approve and forward suggestions for 4-H policy changes to the WA State 4-H Leaders’ Council.
East Adams Co. 4-H Leaders’ Council
Meeting: November 8 @ 6:00 PM
WSU Adams Co Extension Office @ 205 W. Main Ave., Ritzville, WA
Contact Leaders’ Council President, Camille Nelson, with questions or to add items to the agenda.
Minutes from Last Meeting: 4-H Council meeting minutes June 14 2021
All Welcome at Leaders’ Council Meetings!!
Make sure your 4-H club or family group is represented by as many adult and/or teen leaders as possible!
|Adams County 4-H Leaders’ Council|
|Council Teen Representative:|
|County Teen Ambassador|
|Achievement Program Chair:|
|Demonstration Chair:||Carla Jerue|
|Foods & Clothing Judging:||Janette Hollenback|
|State Fair Coordinator:||Carla Jerue|
|Record Book Chair||Trish McRae|
Area 6 4-H (Othello) Leaders’ Committee (Council) Meeting
4-H Leaders’ Committee/Council of and for the Othello Area 4-H program.
Lincoln Co. 4-H Leaders’ Council
Questions? Agenda Items? Contact Joy Wilken 509-257-2319
All 4-H Members, Leaders & Volunteers are welcome to participate in Lincoln Co. 4-H Leaders’ Council Meetings. For more information, contact Joy Wilken, Lincoln County 4-H Leaders Council President.
Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Council
Correspondence can be mailed to:
|Council Newsletter Editor||Joy Wilken|
|Council Teen Representative:|
|County Teen Ambassador:|
|Horse Program Committee Chair:||Robin Nachtigal|
|Know Your Government|
|Livestock Judging Chair:|
|Na-Bor-Lee Youth Camp:||Marci Dayton|
|State Fair Coordinator:|
|Record Book Chair||Jenny Kane|