Lincoln and Adams 4-H Leaders Council
The basic purpose of the volunteers who serve on 4-H Leaders Councils is to meet the educational needs of the enrolled youth. They must determine what those needs are and how to best deliver programs to meet those needs. Throughout the state, volunteers work in partnership with Extension professionals to develop programs that best serve the changing needs of youth in their county or area.
In each county an Extension professional is ultimately responsible for the 4-H program. Consequently, all work and decisions of the 4-H Leaders Councils are advisory to the 4-H professional.
If you are a 4-H Volunteer, Family 4-H leader or 4-H member, Council is important to YOU!
All 4-H leaders, parents, members (especially teens) are welcome to attend Leaders Council meetings. Please encourage at least one leader, teen, or parent to represent your group (Club, Family or Special Interest Program) at Leaders Council meetings! It doesn’t have to be the same person each time!
The Leaders Councils exists to help guide the local 4-H program efforts. The Lincoln and (East) Adams 4-H Leaders’ Councils:
- provide financial help to teens and leaders to attend conferences, workshops, training, and forums
- manages the local 4-H Scholarship program
- provide important input to local Fair Boards (Lincoln County Fair or Wheat Land Communities Fair) and can receive information from the Fair Boards to share back with leaders
- oversee and support (with help from the Extension Office) the Council sub-committees such as Youth Camp, Horse Leaders (Li. Co.), Know Your Government, ad hoc livestock committees, Super Saturday or other county or bi-county 4-H events, awards or achievement programs, State Fair participation, etc.
- approve and forward suggestions for 4-H policy changes to the WA State 4-H Leaders Council.
Area 6 4-H (Othello) Leaders’ Committee (Council) Meeting
Meeting: Dec 5 @ 6pm @ Time Out Pizza, Othello
4-H Leaders’ Committee/Council of and for the Othello Area 4-H program.
Publications for Lincoln-Adams
Adams County 4-H Leaders’ Council Constitution
Adams County 4-H Leaders’ Council Bylaws
Adams County 4-H Leaders’ Council Support Request Form
Lincoln-Adams 4-H E-News Archives
Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Council Constitution
Lincoln County 4-H Leaders’ Council Bylaws
Lincoln County 4-H Leader and Member-of-the-year-Nomination Forms
Constitution Grant/Adams 4-H Leader’s Council