You might be more at risk if:
• You are overweight.
• You are 45 years of age or older.
• Your parent or sibling has type 2 diabetes.
• You are physically active fewer than 3 times per week.
• You ever gave birth to a baby that weighed more than 9 pounds.
• You ever had diabetes while pregnant (gestational diabetes).
Prevent T2 Diabetes Prevention Program
This WSU Program is recognized by the CDC to prevent type 2 diabetes
Key components of the program include:
• CDC-approved curriculum with lessons, handouts, and other resources to help you make healthy changes.
• A lifestyle coach, specially trained to lead the program, to help you learn new skills, encourage you to set and meet goals, and keep you motivated.
• A support group of people with similar goals and challenges.
If you have prediabetes, you could cut your risk of developing diabetes in half by losing 5-7% of your body weight.