Washington State 4-H is pleased to offer a number of different scholarships. Currently enrolled Washington State 4-H members are eligible to apply. Applicants must have accumulated at least two years of 4-H affiliation. Previous Washington State 4-H scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. Applicant must be a high school senior attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall.
In order to be fair to all applicants and make efficient use of staff and volunteer time, we require all applications to be submitted by March 15 no later than 9:59 PM via 4-H Online. Emailed applications will not be accepted. No exceptions are made to this policy. Applications MUST BE COMPLETE, with submission of all five pieces included, in order be considered.
Be sure to plan ahead so you can ensure a positive scholarship application experience as the application closes automatically. The uploading of the combined application document can have varied durations due to higher volume of use.
Each applicant will be considered for all Washington State 4-H Scholarships. These scholarships may be used at any accredited two or four-year college or university.
Washington State 4-H Scholarship Application Requirements
- Woody and Joan Bernard 4-H Scholarship– To be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must plan to attend a four-year accredited educational institution or two-year vocational institution.
- Lewis County 4-H Leaders Scholarships – to be considered for one of the three scholarships (Two @ $1,000, One @ $500) you must plan to attend a two or four- year college. Applicants can be from any county in Washington State.
- O.M. Plummer Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for the $500 scholarship you must be attending a two or four-year college.
- Thomas R. Quann Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
- Washington State 4-H Foundation Trustees Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a high school senior and attend a two or four-year college.
- WSU CAHNRS 4-H Scholarship – to be considered for the $3,000 and $1,500 scholarships available you must have been a 4-H Club member for a least two years, a leader among your peers, and plan to attend the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences at Washington State University your freshman year.
- J. Orville/Helen Young Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for this $500 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
The Washington State 4-H Dairy Endowment also offers two $500 scholarships. The Washington State Dairy Endowment Scholarship requires a separate application from those above and is due April 1st. The Dairy Endowment offers scholarships to present or former 4-H Dairy Project members – one for a high school senior and one for a current college student. For information and to apply go to: http://extension.wsu.edu/4h/dairy-endowment-fund/
How to Apply in 4-H Online
How does the committee evaluate applications?
Committee Evaluation Documents
Scholarship Evaluation Instructions
Scholarship Evaluation Scoresheet
Contact Denise Echelbarger, (509) 358-7915. firstname.lastname@example.org