Washington State 4-H is pleased to offer a number of different scholarships. Currently enrolled Washington State 4-H members are eligible to apply. Applicants must have accumulated at least two years of 4-H affiliation. Previous Washington State 4-H scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. Applicant must be a high school senior attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall.
2022 scholarships have now been distributed – we recognize the accomplishments of all 4-H youths who applied, and congratulate the scholarship awardees! To read an article featuring this year’s scholarship recipients, click HERE.
We look forward to dispersing more scholarship funds in 2023!
Washington State 4-H Scholarship Applications MUST BE COMPLETE, with submission of all five pieces included, in order be considered. Each applicant will be considered for all Washington State 4-H Scholarships. The application must be submitted by March 15 no later than 9:59 PM. These scholarships may be used at any accredited two or four-year college or university.
- Woody and Joan Bernard 4-H Scholarship– To be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must plan to attend a four-year accredited educational institution or two-year vocational institution.
- Lewis County 4-H Leaders Scholarships – to be considered for one of the three scholarships (Two @ $1,000, One @ $500) you must plan to attend a two or four- year college. Applicants can be from any county in Washington State.
- O.M. Plummer Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for the $500 scholarship you must be attending a two or four-year college.
- Thomas R. Quann Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
- Washington State 4-H Foundation Trustees Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a high school senior and attend a two or four-year college.
- WSU CAHNRS 4-H Scholarship – to be considered for the $3,000 and $1,500 scholarships available you must have been a 4-H Club member for a least two years, a leader among your peers, and plan to attend the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences at Washington State University your freshman year.
- J. Orville/Helen Young Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for this $500 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
The Washington State 4-H Dairy Endowment also offers two $500 scholarships. The Washington State Dairy Endowment Scholarship requires a separate application from those above and is due April 1st. The Dairy Endowment offers scholarships to present or former 4-H Dairy Project members – one for a high school senior and one for a current college student. For information and to apply go to: http://extension.wsu.edu/4h/dairy-endowment-fund/