Washington State 4-H is pleased to offer a number of different scholarships. Currently enrolled Washington State 4-H members are eligible to apply. Applicants must have accumulated at least two years of 4-H affiliation. Previous Washington State 4-H scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply. Applicant must be a high school senior attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall.
Washington 4-H Scholarships require all five pieces of the Washington State 4-H Scholarship Application
. Each applicant will be considered for all Washington State 4-H Scholarships. The application must be submitted by March 15 no later than 9:59 PM.
These scholarships may be used at any accredited two or four-year college or university.
- Woody and Joan Bernard 4-H Scholarship– To be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must plan to attend a four-year accredited educational institution or two-year vocational institution.
- Lewis County 4-H Leaders Scholarships – to be considered for one of the three scholarships (Two @ $1,000, One @ $500) you must plan to attend a two or four- year college. Applicants can be from any county in Washington State.
- O.M. Plummer Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for the $500 scholarship you must be attending a two or four-year college.
- Thomas R. Quann Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
- Washington State 4-H Foundation Trustees Scholarship – to be considered for this $1,000 scholarship you must be a high school senior and attend a two or four-year college.
- WSU CAHNRS 4-H Scholarship – to be considered for the $3,000 and $1,500 scholarships available you must have been a 4-H Club member for a least two years, a leader among your peers, and plan to attend the College of Agricultural, Human, and Natural Resource Sciences at Washington State University your freshman year.
- J. Orville/Helen Young Memorial Scholarship – to be considered for this $500 scholarship you must be a current 4-H member and plan to attend a two or four-year college.
The Washington State 4-H Dairy Endowment also offers two $500 scholarships. The Washington State Dairy Endowment Scholarship requires a separate application from those above and is due April 1st. The Dairy Endowment offers scholarships to present or former 4-H Dairy Project members – one for a high school senior and one for a current college student. For information and to apply go to: http://extension.wsu.edu/4h/dairy-endowment-fund/