- This event has passed.
Rose Stem Girdler: An Emerging Pest of PNW Caneberries
May 7, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Join WSU Clark County Extension at Joe’s Place Farms to learn more about rose stem girdler, an increasingly damaging pest of raspberries and blackberries in western Washington and Oregon.
Rose stem girdler is a relatively recent pest to this region, and much is still unknown about its potential impact and best management of it here. Come learn about how to identify this pest in your caneberry planting and what WSU Extension, farmers, and consultants have learned so far about it.
- Viewing of rose stem girdler-damaged caneberries
- How to scout for, and identify rose stem girdler
- Basics of rose stem girdler biology
- What we know so far about potential impact and best management
- What is still unknown about this pest and what is currently being researched
- Opportunity for networking
- Refreshments and snacks
$5- Register at: https://wsu-clark-rose-stem-girdler-in-pnw-caneberries-5719.bpt.me