Summer Specialty Crop Field Day: Cool beans, chill peppers, freaky squash, & superfly ‘shrooms
September 20 @ 3:00 pm - 6:30 pm$10
Join WSU Extension for this regional field day to learn more about multiple specialty summer crops ripe for adding a fresh edge to your farm’s crop lineup. Participants will get to view, learn about, and and enjoy a tasting of a variety of specialty vegetables, dry beans, and mushroom crops being grown by WSU Extension at the 78th St. Heritage Farm in Vancouver.
- Viewing of multiple varieties of edamame beans, specialty dry beans, mild habanero peppers and Tronboncino squash of will be on display
- Viewing of a new new trial examining forest-grown specialty mushroom production
- Discussions about WSU and OSU’s past and current work on these crops, and future research
- Discussion about applications for these unique crops, and how they may be marketed, or add value to your farm’s crop offerings
- Opportunity for networking
- Tastings of each of the crops discussed at the field day
Contact: Justin O’Dea- (360) 524-2383; firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require specific program accommodations, call WSU Clark County Extension at 564-397-5701 at least 1-2 weeks prior to the event.