2. The Club leader will reach out with the following club requirements, including:
- Location of meetings
- Time of meetings
- Required attendance
- Parental involvement required
3. Attend a Club meeting to see if it is a good fit for you and your child
It is important that before you enroll in 4H you have found a club that is a good fit for your child and family.
4. Enroll your child
5. Pay your 4-H State and County fees online by credit card within 30 days of enrolling online.
- $25 WSU State 4-H fees (per youth)
- $25 Kitsap County 4-H fees (per youth, with a 3 youth per family cap, $60 total per family). If you are a family of more than three youth please contact the office to receive the enrollment cap code.
- There are NO refunds for membership fees so please make sure that the Club is a good fit for you and your family before making your payment.
- Scholarships available: Kitsap Scholarship Request Form
6. Enjoy your 4-H year and continue to Learn By Doing!
If you have any questions feel free to contact the office with any further questions.
FAQ – 4H Common Questions
How old do I have to be?
4-H is open to every youth, ages 5-19, without discrimination!
*4-H “age” is determined by the age of the youth by October 1st of the current 4-H year. Shooting sports and large animal projects require youth to be at least 8 years of age by October 1st to participate.
How much does it cost?
This is a once-per-year fee that allows youth to participate in as many 4-H projects as they choose (fees to participate in special-interest programs such as Know Your Government and Teen Rally vary with the program). Financial assistance is available upon request – no youth will be denied access to 4-H programs.
In 4-H, you get to decide what program to join. These are some of the active projects in Kitsap County:
Animals: Dogs, Horses, Cats, Rabbits, Cavies (guiene pigs), Llamas, Beef, Sheetp, Goats, Poultry
Shooting Sports: Archery, Riflery
Arts: Sewing, Photography, Creative Arts
Sciences: Environmental, Veterinary, Food & Nutrition
Who Can Start A Club?
Not seeing a club type that matches your childs interests? We are always open and eager to start new clubs. Contact our office to learn more about starting your own club.
When can I Join 4-H?
Kitsap 4-H is always eager to have members join. We accept membership year round. However, to participate in the Kitsap County Fair, you must be enrolled in 4-H by May 1st of the current year.
A club is a group of at least 5 youth from 3 different families that are led by volunteers.
4-H clubs are run by volunteers. Any community member is welcome to apply to become a certified volunteer and start a new club. Clubs may be a single-project club, where the group only participates in one project area (like dogs, or cooking) or multi-project club, where the group participates in many project areas.
If you are interested, please contact the 4-H office for more information.