- This event has passed.
Trail Blazers Teen Meeting
June 20, 2017 @ 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
Trailblazers Teen Club Meeting
Tuesday, June 20 6:00 pm
Walla Walla Park (entrance across from Town Toyota Center), Picnic Shelter 1 (Near the playground/Volleyball Courts)
All teens 6-12th grade are welcome. We will have a business meeting, do a leadership activity, and play some volleyball.
Please let me know if you plan to attend, and invite a 4-H friend to join us.
I have attached my club plan that was discussed at the May meeting to give you an idea what we’d like to accomplish.
Hope to see you there! Faith
Chelan-Douglas County Trailblazers Teen Leadership Club
*Each teen club member will be encouraged to organize and lead or co-lead a 4-H learning event, community service project, or fundraiser.
The teen will complete a Project Plan for approval to the club leader of their project, and once approved, present it to the Trailblazers Club at a meeting. The teen can recruit help from the Trailblazers as stated in their Project Plan, and will have support of the leader.
- A class/clinic taught by a professional in a field related to hobby projects; photography, woodworking, gardening (Master Gardeners) etc. This can be part of Super Saturday or an independent event.
- Showmanship clinic taught by a professional in a field
- Community Service Project; Coat Drive, Backpack and School Supply Drive, collect needed items for Humane Society, etc
- Leadership/Club Officer Training/Workshop; Organize a workshop with qualified presenters to provide training on the roles and responsibilities of each club officer. Learn leadership skills to take back to club, such as icebreakers, team activities.
- What is important to you…? It is likely important to someone else!
*As a club, we will plan and operate a Super Saturday Event.
The teens will plan, organize, and run a Super Saturday event in between November 2017 and February 2018.
*Teen members will be encouraged to help promote 4-H events by sharing information on upcoming events.
The teens will help promote county wide events to encourage support and participation overall. Word of mouth is a great way to get our 4-H friends involved in the opportunities available to us.
*Teen members will be encouraged participate in 4-H county wide events as a volunteer, such as Demo Nights and Year End Achievement Night.
The teens will provide assistant as needed by the 4-H Office to assist with such events.
*Teen members will be encouraged to participate in Leader’s Council Meetings.
Teens may attend the Douglas County or Chelan County Leaders Council Meeting as a Teen Leader. Teens can bring ideas to the Leader’s Council and can vote on items brought to vote during the meeting.
*Teen Rally, takes place in the Fall
*Know Your Government (KYG), open to grades 9-12, although all teens can participate in preparations.
*Teen Summit, Grades 6-10
4-H Community Service Opportunities
Chelan Co. Fairgrounds
Thursday, July 13
Tuesday, August 1
NCW /Chelan County Fair Clean Up Days
Date and time TBA
Chelan-Douglas Co. Achievement Night 2017
Date and location TB
Summer meeting location may be outdoors
Ropes Course, Leavenworth
Trailblazer Club T-Shirts
Lanyards for events, 4-H Mall $3.00 for Lanyard/Name Badge
Club Display for NCW and Chelan County Fair
What else would you like to do…?
To cover cost of Ropes Course, t-shirts, lanyard/name badges, misc club supplies.