Under the direction of the Chelan and Kittitas County Extension Offices
Washington State has an immense diversity of ecosystems, many of which you can see in the space of a few miles as you climb West through the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains, out of the shrub-steppe on the Columbia River into open ponderosa pine and on up into alpine forest on the Colockum Natural Resource Center.
There are more than 11,000 Acres of land available for your enjoyment. Family gatherings, individuals and small groups are welcome.
- K-12 School groups: Natural Resource and Science classes; Senior Culminating project work; FFA groups; Teacher in-service and more.
- Universities and Colleges: class groups for study, tour or research; faculty for research and demonstration work related to courses or degree programs.
- Community youth groups such as: 4-H, Scouts, Campfire – and others who want to learn about shrub-steppe environments
- Professional educators who need a place to learn through hands-on training
- Adult Community Groups seeking to explore and understand our natural environment
- Other groups: Contact Ray Faini for special arrangements (See Contacts)