We are so excited that you want to get involved with Chelan & Douglas County 4-H! Whether you like to raise animals, cook, woodwork, perform science experiments, develop robots, get involved with leadership, or anything in between; there is something for you!
4-H Club Officer Opportunities
Club officers are proud of their jobs and always do their best. They get things done right and on time. 4-H clubs usually elect the following officers:
- Prepares an agenda and presides at all meetings.
- Understands and follows basic parliamentary procedure.
- Appoints committees with the help of the leader.
- Works with advisers to insure that each meeting runs effectively.
- Works with member and the leader to plan the program for the year.
- Presides over the meeting in the absence of the president.
- Serves as chairman of the program planning committee.
- Coordinates the work of committees.
- Keeps complete and accurate minutes of each business meeting
- Writes club correspondence.
- Records attendance of members and advisors.
- Reads letters to the club at meetings.
- Reminds members of special meetings and makes sure each member knows when and where the next meeting will be.
- Handles club money.
- Maintains accurate and current financial records.
- Reports at club meetings on money received, money paid out, and the amount of money on hand.
- Writes interesting and accurate reports for the club meetings and special activities.
- Sends reports of meetings and activities to local media and 4-H News.
Sends advance information to local papers or radio stations when a special event is planned, such as a demonstration day or a community service project.
- Takes photos and organizes news clippings, mementos of events, programs, etc.
- Maintains a club scrapbook.
- Plans and leads recreation at each meeting.
- Plans special events and parties.
- Involves other members in leading recreational activities.
Other offices may be added to meet the individual club’s needs.
- District Rally
- KYG (Know Your Government)
- National 4-H Conference
- State/County Ambassador
- State Teen Conference
There are many opportunities for teens to participate in. Please visit the websites and if you have any questions, please contact Michelle Lain, 4-H Program Assistant 509-667-6540 or firstname.lastname@example.org.